New firmware update now available: Preparations for ION Director, increased dosing pump support and more!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Folks, KEEP IN MIND right now there is NO NEED to upgrade firmware unless
A. you are connecting an ION to your system.
B. are using more than 16 dosers.

There are other minor reasons to upgrade but for now if you don't meet the above criteria.. I would hold off. As a matter of fact I'm not doing it till I get my ION. I just know how to do the firmware upgrades as I have don't others in the past.

@Vinny@GHLUSA Please edit your original post so that it includes clear instructions for people on how to do the Firmware updates on all devices that are applicable to these.

Last edited:

lmm1967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

There are other minor reasons to upgrade but for now if you don't meet the above criteria.. I would hold off. As a matter of fact I'm not doing it till I get my ION. I just know how to do the firmware upgrades as I have don't others in the past.

@Vinny@GHLUSA Please edit your original post so that it includes clear instructions for people on how to do the Firmware updates on all devices that are applicable to these.
There are reported bug fixes some of us have been waiting for too though

Dive Dive

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to update the FW. The only thing I had to do was reassign the PAB devices. Regarding FW updates on the PAB devices, I have a Doser 2.1 Slave with 1.26 version and KHD with version 1.00....How do we find out what the latest FW versions are? Thanks for the assist.

OP
OP
Vinny@GHLUSA

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I appreciate the suggestion, but that is not the intention of this thread. We have video instructions for updating the P4 and PAB devices on our YT channel.

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to update the FW. The only thing I had to do was reassign the PAB devices. Regarding FW updates on the PAB devices, I have a Doser 2.1 Slave with 1.26 version and KHD with version 1.00....How do we find out what the latest FW versions are? Thanks for the assist.

Open app. Go to System. Click on "Assign & configure connected PAB devices". Firmware will show up there.

OP
OP
Vinny@GHLUSA

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will find these in the PAB-devices folder when you open the GCC directory.
1584719392665.png

Dive Dive

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vinny,
Thanks. I see v.134, v135, v136 for 2.1 slave but I see 1.29 on my pab device. Do I press FW update and is this where you disconnect the PAB devices prior to update FW for each? Also, I did not see the KHD FW version in the pab devices folder.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Done the update but........ I have 4 Power Hubs, 3*4 doser 2.1, 1 expansion box 2, 1 touch, 4 light bars 2 and 1 sms unit. All my equipment is powered in one or another way through the power hubs. During the P4 update and 1 minutes after all works well - but in the moment when P4 should take over - everything shut down. Understandable - if you use your brain - I did not that during the first 10 minutes by the way :mad: Reason - all was back to default. Solution - try to find the old power unit to my P4 - connect and reinstall all settings and sensor data. After that - I found my PAB devices and could assign my equipment - and change power source again. In my case - important to load the old settings and sensor data before looking after PAB devices. After assigning of the PAB devices - I reinstall the settings and sensor date once again.

Next step - update the Expansion box and the dosers. I´m lucky to have a P3.1T as a reserve and I de-assign the Exp Box 2 and the dosers from the P4 and update them one after one with my P3.1T. I notice that I had firmware 2.04 (expansion Box 2) and the new was 2.07. I got an error when I try to update to 2.07 direct but it was possible to update first to 2.06 and afterwards to 2.07. I hope that my alarms from redox electrodes is gone now.

After all updates - I reinstall settings and sensor date once again - just in case......

On the whole - a smooth update

Sincerely Lasse

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could use some help with the update, if somebody doesn't mind.....

1) I believe I updated the GCC properly (to 1.1.32) but where can I look to make sure this was accomplished?
2) I don't think the firmware update was successful because I started with Firmware 7.23 (9/6/2019) and on the GENERAL tab, it still reads the same.
Assuming that the proper firmware did not download, I'm wondering what I did wrong.
At the end of the update, the video says to unplug the power and plug it in again. What is the proper sequence and should the USB connection be disconnected? I think what I did was: disconnect USB > unplug...20 sec....plug in > plug in USB > click FINISH. (....but I am not sure if that was indeed the order)

Thanks for helping.

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I understand I need to update the dosers individually. Do I also need to do something with PAB connections or will I be finished after doing the dosers?
Thank you.

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody able to help? I just finished the steps for the firmware update. The P4 is blinking yellow with some German words flashing. All pumps are off!
Also, I forgot to have a desk icon made for the new GCC and am not sure how to make one.
Thank you!

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Connect to the P4 with USB and GCC. Change language to english and put in the right date. The P4 have been restored to default. When you are in - just restore your saved settings and sensor data.

Sincerely Lasse

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got everything (but updating the dosers; will work on that now). Just don't want to waste anyone's time on my first set of questions!

A little stress is good to keep ya sharp! :)

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I forgot to have a desk icon made for the new GCC and am not sure how to make one
Go to C: (in your PC) - go to program (x86) - GHLControlCenter_V1132 - double click on GHL Control Center.exe to start. If you want it on the desktop - right click on it - send to (in the pull meny) and chose desktop

200320 ghl 002.PNG

Hope its help

Sincerely Lasse

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back