New Fish for Christmas!

familyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got an Achilles tang and a Powder Blue for the misses. Both doing well And pics to follow the holidays!!Merry Christmas to all and please remember why we celebrate!!!
Scott

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dang where did you get your Achilles? I missed the one Live Aquaria put up today... :(

OP
OP
F

familyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Achilles

Got him From a LFS. Star Aquatics here in Augusta (That's Ga) He was there for 3 weeks before I got him. Wanted to make sure he was a good one. Several are sold as soon as they come in and they don't make it. I told myself that one would eventually come in and stay long enough to prove himself and I would get it,finally!!!. I will load all of the Christmas pics later (the fish pics are there too and I will show tem off to you guys!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You better! :D

OP
OP
F

familyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NO pic police!!!Please

148.jpg

147.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh man I am sooooo Jealous! If you don't mind me asking what did you pay and do they have another one you can ship to me??? :D

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
PS. I am in North Georgia so it wouldn't be a bad ship.

OP
OP
F

familyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tangs

The Blue was a small and was 89.99 The Achilles was a Med. but he is huge and was 109.99. There are plenty of blues in the store but the Achilles are few and far between. I have been waiting since April for one to come in and stay for more than a few days. This one was there for 3 weeks so I felt comfy buying him. He was eating well at the store but only a few bites since coming home. Not too worried as he is grazing on the rocks. I am trying flakes, Mysis, and brine as well as red and green seaweed.
PS I love your by-line Rev! Ironic...I gave my mother a small statue of a silver sail boat (As I sail and taught her this year) that has that scripture engraved on the sail) for christmas today!! She has been preaching that scripture to me the entire 3 years I have been in school.

Raptor

Angel Of Death
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool fish!! My bet is one will beat up the other though. Both those fish are bullys of the tangs. I and others can vouch here seen that the powders can be and are for the most part EVIL! I seen one beat the living crap out of a much larger sohal. The achilles are from the same stock of evil.
Good luck i hope it works out for you!!
I'll spare ya on the tang police lines. ;)

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I 've always wanted an Achilles Tang.. Very nice tangs

OP
OP
F

familyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tangs

The existing Powder Brown is really upset about the Blue. The Blue is holding up well. The Achilles had a few spots on him this morning but the cleaner wras cleaned him up for me while I was at work today! No one bothers the Achilles though( He is a big boy) I will upset the 6 tangs again in a few weeks when I add the Blond Naso!!! I LOVE TANGS!!!

Raptor

Angel Of Death
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck, You must have a huge tank to support all those tangs.
What i found with my old achilles is that red gracilaria is a good food for him, Well mine went nutty over it!!
Maybe try some ammino acids and such soaked in the mysis to help keep him healthy. They are VERY touchy fish!!

AussieLordfan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow your Tang collection must be quite a sight. Good luck with the 2 new additions ...easily my fav 2 Tangs and most beautiful IMO. :cool:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back