new fish suggestions

vr697getta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i want to add one more fish to my tank. it been over a year since the last fish i added. my tank is 110 gallons there are corals in it. these are the fish i have now. i don't want another tang and obviously it has to be reef safe.
Emperor Angel 4"
Flame Angel 2.5"
Sailfin Tang 4"
lawnmower blenny 4"
false perc 2.5"
Banggai Cardinal 3.5"
green mandarin 2.5"

bigmatt1992

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe a goby of somesort i like my dimond goby hes so fun to watch and adds that extra bit to the tank gives it personality.

bigmatt1992

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
see mine doesnt even go near the top of my tank. thats crazy they are knowing to be jumpers. 6 line wrasse would be cool to they are fun to watch to .

OP
OP
V

vr697getta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wrasse also have jumped out of my tank. i thought jawfish need a deep sand bed mine is shallow

bigmatt1992

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they will be fine in a shallow sand bed as long as it is 1/2 inch or so and if you have your rocks siting on your sand bed with no lift then they will just burrow under the rock like a sand sifting goby would. not sure if there jumpers but the blue spoted jaw fish is sick in color but for 100 bucks or so to rich for my blood.

Spiderwoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue Spot Jawfish is a jumper and I've lost 2 that way. They are gorgeous fish to look at, but keep in mind that they keep building the little burrows all over the tank and don't necessary spend many days in one location. Currently mine is right in the middle of the tank under a branching rock and he's piled empty shells and a few empty frag plugs to his little house as wall.

cloakerpoked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got an Arc eyed hawkfish from Elmer's after the last meeting. He has a lot of personality and is a great fish, beside the fact that I was stupid and didn't QT him...now I have 6 fish in QT with coppersafe to get the ich bugs gone. Hopefully that's it, since the 20 gallon tank they're in really can't take anymore :) My own fault for not QTing though, so I can't blame him.

Tswifty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yasha Goby Pair
Randall's Goby Pair

3-5 Lyretail Anthias
3-5 Bartlett Anthias

Mystery Wrasse
Melanurus Wrasse
Leopard Wrasse Pair
Radiant Wrasse
Yellow Coris Wrasse
Sixline Wrasse

5 or 6 Green Chromis

5 or 6 Orange Lined Cardinalfish

Copperbanded Butterflyfish

You could always pair your Bangaii or Clown as well.

OP
OP
V

vr697getta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i can't pair the bangii now it will kill it found that out the hard way but yeah i could pair the clown. i would love the almost any Butterflyfish but with my Emperor Angel and how i have to worry with every new coral i add weather or not he will eat it i head they are the same way. i had 2 wrasse jump a 6 line and a Red Head Solon Fairy Wrasse so not sure if i want to chance it with a wrasse. i do like the Anthias though.

bigmatt1992

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im looking to add one more fish and i like the hawk fish but i herd they eat preety much every crab and shrimp. i also like lion fish are these reef safe at all.

OP
OP
V

vr697getta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they don't eat corals but any small slow moving thing will be pray plus the can sting you if your not careful and they are venomous.

bigmatt1992

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive herd there venom to humans is just like a bea if your not alergic. and the only slow moveing thing in my tank is a cleaner shirmp

OP
OP
V

vr697getta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if i would get one it would be a dwarf they only get to about 6-7 inches. they are awesome fish, they sit and wait for prey to swim by then BAM they hit it. now i am thinking about getting one

bigmatt1992

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hahaw go for it im thinking about one to if you go to order one ill go in with you to cut down shiping they are freaken sweet. o well if i loose a chromis or a shirmp it will be worth it to keep one of these bad boys.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 167 62.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 26.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 70 26.0%
Back