New fish

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got this guy today... I missed getting what his name is (I am very hard of hearing)

4EE0A26E-DF6D-4B67-BC06-9BF94BFA854F.jpeg

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got this guy today... I missed getting what his name is (I am very hard of hearing)

4EE0A26E-DF6D-4B67-BC06-9BF94BFA854F.jpeg
Research should occur before a pet purchase not after.

Hope the fish is doing well but the copperband is often considered difficult due to being picky eaters.

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Research should occur before a pet purchase not after.

Hope the fish is doing well but the copperband is often considered difficult due to being picky eaters.
You are right, of course : ) it was an impulse buy today. I went there looking for something else. We talked about his eating habits. I brought home the food he has already been eating well. I also have a good variety of foods. I also had a discussion with an LFS guy a few weeks ago about one like this one. I am one of those guys that has a mental block with learning names.
thank you

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Not an impulse fish. Hopefully it eats for you. They are 50/50. They adapt and eat OR starve to death.

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not an impulse fish. Hopefully it eats for you. They are 50/50. They adapt and eat OR starve to death.
Fingers crossed : ) he seems happy right now... it’s not feeding time yet. He has been nipping at some algae in small little places from the rocks. I knew what I was getting myself into with him

if you and I met in real life, I would prolly forget your name at least three times. I have an issue with remembering names

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live black worms helped mine to start eating brine and mysis. I tried clams as many will suggest he never went for it unless I chopped them up into tiny tiny pieces the size of a mysis shrimp. It has been doing very well with me (over a year since purchase) on frozen brine, mysis and love black worms. I have never seen mine eat algea. Maybe you have aiptasia and that's what he's picking at?

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live black worms helped mine to start eating brine and mysis. I tried clams as many will suggest he never went for it unless I chopped them up into tiny tiny pieces the size of a mysis shrimp. It has been doing very well with me (over a year since purchase) on frozen brine, mysis and love black worms. I have never seen mine eat algea. Maybe you have aiptasia and that's what he's picking at?
I talked about the live black works with the LFS guy... (Covid world right now) he’s out. I am feeding the brine and mysis shrimp tonight. If he doesn’t eat any of it, I’ll order some live black worms.

If I have aiptasia, I am unaware of it. I haven’t seen any... but after what I just read (both your comment and what I just googled) I will be watching closely now. Thank you!

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a lil funny... I got accused of “not doing enough research” before buying this guy. I get why that was y’all’s first thought : )

My first thought was (you have to know how bad my hearing is!) copperband butterfly fish... I swear to god my first thought was... no wonder I couldn’t hear that! (My FSL guy is oriental... I really struggle hearing him)

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is still picking at the rock.... nipping on the bottom... : ) it feels like he is gonna be okay! Swimming the whole tank now.

Trust me, I was worried about this purchase. The last thing I wanted was to be the guy that bought him... and then killed him : (

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 45 34.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 41 31.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back