New Flower Rock Anemone Help

Reef_scuba

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

Been a while but have been focused on getting my tank in a place where I could rely on it being stable enough for corals.. after having four different species of soft coral I done it and got a flower rock anemone..

She looks happy started with her in a jar and a piece of live rock to see if she would attach..

She of course just attached herself into the glass..

So moving her to a place that seemed suitable .. low/medium water flow not directly in light on the substrate and now she is doing rolly pollys.. just settling or need to aid her in her way?

Thanks!

CD69CECC-BDD8-4885-B062-7A3E748E432D.jpeg

Last edited:

reefologist55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flower rock anemones really move once they are settled. I would definitely find a place you would want it to be attached to inches give it a push. They love sand beds or any hole in any rocks. Just let me hold them in position and they will attach pretty quickly

elisa h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t leave it upside down like that. They will attach pretty easily if you just hold it against a surface for a minute or two. I would just hold it against the rock the spot doesn’t have to be perfect as they will move wherever they please

OP
OP
Reef_scuba

Reef_scuba

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all of your advice.. quick update on this; the following day the nem was looking rotten one side and had actually been stung by my Trachyphyillia!!
After doing what I could it completely deteriorated over the next two days.. poor thing!

Think I'll stick to soft Corals for the time being..

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooh what do you have and what are you asking?

I've only got borneman currently.

I’m in lakewood. I don’t know what kind they are..... all started as hitchhikers

If you want a couple you can have them. It would work best for me if I just take them off the rocks when I move to my new tank. I will just throw them in a dish or something

asting

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in lakewood. I don’t know what kind they are..... all started as hitchhikers

If you want a couple you can have them. It would work best for me if I just take them off the rocks when I move to my new tank. I will just throw them in a dish or something

I'd happily take you up on that! Have any photos? When are you transferring and what are you upgrading to!

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd happily take you up on that! Have any photos? When are you transferring and what are you upgrading to!

I am in the process of adding all my @WWC acquisitions to my tank now, so acclimating etc, and had to move some stuff, but I am moving from my standard 75 to an 8’ long custom from Aquatica gallery out in Valley City...... I gave them money 5 weeks ago, just waiting for them to have time to make it! It’s made for coral...... 96 x 16 x 16 acrylic. I wanted the panoramic affect without the upkeep of 300+ gallons.

Most of my RFA’s look like this guy.... sorry I take bad pictures
image.jpg

asting

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of adding all my @WWC acquisitions to my tank now, so acclimating etc, and had to move some stuff, but I am moving from my standard 75 to an 8’ long custom from Aquatica gallery out in Valley City...... I gave them money 5 weeks ago, just waiting for them to have time to make it! It’s made for coral...... 96 x 16 x 16 acrylic. I wanted the panoramic affect without the upkeep of 300+ gallons.

Most of my RFA’s look like this guy.... sorry I take bad pictures
image.jpg
Ah those are actually Borneman anemones, and i've got 3! I'm sure you can find some interested folks.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back