New Fluvial 407 Canister filter causing my protein skimmer to micro bubble my entire tank?

Frogspon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I added a fluvial 407 canister to my tank today so I could seed it for a new tank, and now my protein skimmer is putting micro bubbles into my tank like crazy. It never does this.

Can't get it to stop. Any ideas?

Does the filter just need to break in for the protein skimmer to go back to normal? Or maybe the phosphate pads it came with are causing it to go crazy?

OP
OP
F

Frogspon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took out the Fluvial phosphate remover pad. I think it might cause excess bubbling in the skimmer like using red slime remover.

Lights are off now, but will report if it helped with the micro bubbles. My corals are definitely PO'd

OP
OP
F

Frogspon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still getting hammered with skimmer micro bubbles.... anyone?

MarkAshlee2021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I added a fluvial 407 canister to my tank today so I could seed it for a new tank, and now my protein skimmer is putting micro bubbles into my tank like crazy. It never does this.

Can't get it to stop. Any ideas?

Does the filter just need to break in for the protein skimmer to go back to normal? Or maybe the phosphate pads it came with are causing it to go crazy?
Hi you made a post a while ago about you installing a new fluval 407 and your skimmer started releasing lots of micro bubbles, I have just put a new 307 and my skimmer is doing the exact same. Did you manage to eradicate the issue? Any advice would be great. Thank you

OP
OP
F

Frogspon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi you made a post a while ago about you installing a new fluval 407 and your skimmer started releasing lots of micro bubbles, I have just put a new 307 and my skimmer is doing the exact same. Did you manage to eradicate the issue? Any advice would be great. Thank you

Nope. On top of the skimmer being whacky, the filter was never able to get the air bubbles out, so it would periodically spit a ton of micro bubbles into the tank.

I gave it two weeks to break in, and nothing changed. I cleaned it and gave it one more shot but no luck..

I returned it and went back to my 110 HOB aqua clear by fluvial. It has being doing perfect. Much better than the canister in my experience.

MarkAshlee2021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope. On top of the skimmer being whacky, the filter was never able to get the air bubbles out, so it would periodically spit a ton of micro bubbles into the tank.

I gave it two weeks to break in, and nothing changed. I cleaned it and gave it one more shot but no luck..

I returned it and went back to my 110 HOB aqua clear by fluvial. It has being doing perfect. Much better than the canister in my experience.
Thankyou, looks like I'll have to do the same then. Sorry I k ow this was out the blue lol.

MarkAshlee2021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just letting you know I sussed it out, if you take the drain valve and put it in the tank, then turn the exit valves open. Let it over flow into tank after 30 mins it subsides and goes back to normal mate

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you purge all the air out of the filter.

MarkAshlee2021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you purge all the air out of the filter.
Yes mate, I was ready for binning the skimmer but I watched a vid on setting up a protein skimmer, its showing breaking in a new skimmer but I thought well obviously my skimmer is acting the same as a new one and it worked a treat

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back