• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

New forum for buying and selling 3D printed and handmade items.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We're going to be testing this new forum idea out because we have seen an influx of 3D printed and handmade aquarium item selling. In the past we've really had no place for this (as far as sellers go) but in order to not stifle creativity we're testing out an idea to welcome this type of commerce to the community. We ask that if you are a seller that you honor our rules for this forum and if you're a buyer you make sure that the sellers are honoring our rules as well.

1. Only 3D Printed and Handmade items are to be sold in this forum.

2. All 3D printed and handmade aquarium products must be sold in this new forum only.

3. (Due to thee site upgrade, this rule is not currently in effect. Please don't worry about this for now.) A new for sale thread must be created for all sale items that are different. If you have 10 of the same items then you can sell all 10 in one thread. Just enter the correct quantity.

4. This new selling forum is for hobbyists who are making items on a small scale and not commercially. Just like sellers who sell coral trimmings. If you’re making items as a business then you will need to contact me for sponsorship details.

5. We reserve the right to restrict certain items that are pieces of equipment commonly sold as commercial ventures (i.e. most acrylic equipment items such as sumps, algae scrubbers, reactors, frag racks, or other types of industry items that are commonly found in the hobby produced by manufacturers or other businesses) or items sold by one of our sponsors.

Again we are testing this out so please help us by honoring the rules for selling! :)

Untitled-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Moe K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have also been trying to email and send messages but have yet to hear back from anyone over the past month. I am willing to be a sponser and would like to get more information as it is also banning me from posting anything in the 3D marketplace.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have also been trying to email and send messages but have yet to hear back from anyone over the past month. I am willing to be a sponser and would like to get more information as it is also banning me from posting anything in the 3D marketplace.
Awesome!! You'll definitely want to be in touch with @revhtree. Email is usually the best way to reach him about sponsorship. For sponsorship inquiries, email info @reef2reef.com.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't know what else to do. I emailed and sent messages on Monday. Still no response. Can you please help??
Yes. I'll try to help out.

Evan West

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How would you guys recommend handling "multi" orders? The buy now button on my thread is for only one of the covers I produce and often people want to order 2 or 3 or 4. I could have people just keep clicking the button and processing several transactions but this clutters up my paypal and makes orders difficult to track and is tedious for the buyer. I could also make several threads with different order quantities but this may clutter up the sub forum and be confusing. Just wondering what you all think/recommend for handling this :)

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The new market will handle multiple orders. It’s almost ready to test.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Stoked! Can't wait, will threads be migrated/updated or will we need to post again?

You’ll need to post again because it’s going to be so much more detailed!

Evan West

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So with this update I no longer see the Buy Now button, what is the proper process now? Or is this one of the coming soon things ;P

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would I post custom artwork here? Or would I use the dry goods forum?

My artwork is custom for each buyer; I don’t make prints unless the buyer is ok with that and most of the time, since my work is usually memorial pieces, I don’t ever ask.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As a point of clarification, the following rule has been added to the guidelines above:

We reserve the right to restrict certain items that are pieces of equipment commonly sold as commercial ventures (i.e. most acrylic equipment items such as sumps, algae scrubbers, reactors, or other types of industry items that are commonly found in the hobby produced by manufacturers or other businesses) or items sold by one of our sponsors.

MakerofThings

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a reason I can't post in this section? I assume something to do with required number of posts but surely I've hit that?

Thanks!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back