New frag.

Legal Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone identify this coral? Found it at a newer LFS, not sure if I should mention the stores name. They have a small saltwater area on the freshwater isle. They have been getting frags in recently but don't label them with names. They obviously don't have a clue as to what they are doing. When I looked in the tanks I saw frags on plugs lying sideways, upside down, some completely burried in the sand. I told them I wanted to look at the coral frags and pointed to one that was mostly visible. They took a net and moved it to the front of the tank and thinking they were making it more visible they set it upside down with the plug showing. I couldn't believe it, they couldn't tell which end was up. I told them to let me hold their net for a minute and went from tank to tank using the nets handle and dug up the burried corals and straightened up the ones on their side. When I went to check out with the frag I picked out the cashier asked me what the heck it was. I know this is a chain, but they should at least give tjem some basic training. They have evidently just hired cashiers. Now I'm back to driving 70 miles to a decent fish store.
Screenshot_20171112-192109.png

Michael Cronmiller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone identify this coral? Found it at a newer LFS, not sure if I should mention the stores name. They have a small saltwater area on the freshwater isle. They have been getting frags in recently but don't label them with names. They obviously don't have a clue as to what they are doing. When I looked in the tanks I saw frags on plugs lying sideways, upside down, some completely burried in the sand. I told them I wanted to look at the coral frags and pointed to one that was mostly visible. They took a net and moved it to the front of the tank and thinking they were making it more visible they set it upside down with the plug showing. I couldn't believe it, they couldn't tell which end was up. I told them to let me hold their net for a minute and went from tank to tank using the nets handle and dug up the burried corals and straightened up the ones on their side. When I went to check out with the frag I picked out the cashier asked me what the heck it was. I know this is a chain, but they should at least give tjem some basic training. They have evidently just hired cashiers. Now I'm back to driving 70 miles to a decent fish store.
Screenshot_20171112-192109.png
Looks like a favia

OP
OP
Legal Reefer

Legal Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I was thinking that as a possibility, but wasn't sure. They had another that the higher ridges were in a really dark color with green in the center that I thought was a favia. I wasn't very sure about this one because it was all one color and I'm not familiar with many corals yet.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back