New from Fauna Marin: Bacto Reef Balls

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ef851541-9700-4dcc-a51c-77576a4369d6.png

New from Fauna Marin

Over the course of Macna San Diego, we debuted new Fauna Marin products. The response to these new additions have been nothing short of amazing. Since then, we have continued to receive waves of inquiries and questions on product availability. We cannot thank our customers enough for their ongoing support and loyalty to our brand. Your support have made these new product releases possible.

We are proud to present our newest product - Bacto Reef Balls​
fb74561f-0e42-4cc3-ae5a-c1dfe6d5d648.jpg

Bacto Reef Balls: Time-released Nutrient Control

Bacto Reef Balls is the first bacteria-based product to feature time-release technology in a small sphere. Both bacteria and carrier material are 100% reef safe and promote a healthy and natural aquarium. As soon as the bacteria are introduced into the aquarium, the bacteria begins its task and reduces nitrogen and phosphates. Bacto Reef Balls offer the advantages of daily bacteria dosing without the need for multiple doses per week.

Specially Developed Carrier Material

Thanks to the unique composition of our carrier material, a steady supply of diverse bacteria cultures and enzymes can to be added to the aquarium. Our carrier material has been specially developed for saltwater aquariums and will not cause uncontrolled nutrient fluctuations. Other materials such as normal gel behaves as an additional carbon source and thus dissolves faster and makes controlled delivery impossible.

Bacteria Dosing Made Easy

Bacto Reef Balls are super easy to use. Simply place the necessary amount of Reef Balls into your filter and replace every 2 weeks when the original sphere is dissolved. Our seawater stable polymer matrix allows bacteria to be slowly added into the aquarium. A steady supply of beneficial bacteria removes the need for daily dosing and unwanted dosage peaks.

Bacto Reef Balls: Benefits
  • Crystal clear, healthy water​
  • Simplifies nutrient control; reduces Nitrogen and Phosphates​
  • Reduces unwanted algae growth​
  • Removes organic waste products​
  • Increases skimmer efficiency and reduces cleaning intervals​
  • Eliminates bacterial blooms and detritus build-up​
  • Supports natural bacterial flora​
  • Provides cost-effective and efficient means of nutrient control​
  • Unique depot effect: Allows for a single dose to be good for 2 weeks​
  • Easy to follow, low maintenance dosage schedule​

Available in 100ml, 250ml, and 500ml sizes

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know of current availability for this in the USA?

Nick James

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious if these could be put in a media bag and placed in the back of an AIO aquarium?

wiszmaster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can these be used in like a pellet reactor? It says place in your filter but nothing about reactor use.

I placed them in my sumps drain chamber. They get plenty of flow there, and no danger of getting sucked in and shredded by the return pump.

Ryengoth

I wish I was in St John USVI
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For reference, how many gallons do the 100ml, 250ml and 500ml each treat?

DOSAGE:
Two (2) BACTO REEF BALLS per 100 liters (26.4 US gal), replace every 2 weeks
Begin with half the recommended dosage to assess the specific needs of your aquarium. Place Bacto Reef Balls in a high flow area of your filter. We recommend placing the spheres in a filter bag or stocking. In aquariums without a skimmer, begin with a quarter of the dosage.

BACTO REEF BALLS should be used within 6-9 months of opening.

You can kinda guess at how many are in the bottle based on the grouping pic. Looks like a small bottle would probably last me a couple months in my 120G TWV. Now, just need an auto-drop for them so they get dropped in the tank unassisted. :D So lazy!

OP
OP
Fauna Marin

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've prepared a short FAQ to answer the questions above.

Q: How many gallons do the 100ml, 250ml, and 500ml containers treat?
A: With a recommended dose of 2-3 balls/25 gallons, every 1-2 weeks,
100ml - 916 gal to 1,375 gal
250ml - 2,291 gal to 3,437 gal
500ml - 4,583 gal to 6,875 gal

The speed at which the Bacto Reef Balls dissolve is dependent on the PO4 level. Elevated PO4 will make the media dissolve quicker.

Q: How many Bacto Reef Balls are actually in each container?
A: 100ml - 110 balls
250ml - 275 balls
500ml - 550 balls

Q: Can Bacto Reef Balls be placed in a filter sock or media reactor?
A: Yes, we recommend using an appropriately sized filter bag to hold the media. A media reactor can also be used as long as there is no other media present in the reactor.

Q: What is the ideal placement location for Bacto Reef Balls in a sump or filter?
A: Bacto Reef Balls should be kept in a low to medium flow area, placed after the skimmer, and away from pump inlets. In a reactor, low to medium flow.

Q: Does this product replace pellet or zeo-type filtration?
A: No, this product is not made to replace this kind of filtration methods. Instead, it is intended to provide additional bacterial support and nutrient control for various tank sizes. We use a special bacteria mix which supports the nitrification and denitrification cycle and also assists in organic waste reduction.

The idea behind the product is to provide aquariums with a more efficient means of accomplishing tank stability all while avoiding the need for daily dosing.

Cody Lai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use over three week reef ball , but not completely dissolved , Why

I need to wait for them to completely dissolve, to add new .??

Jerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use over three week reef ball , but not completely dissolved , Why

I need to wait for them to completely dissolve, to add new .??
The speed at which the Bacto Reef Balls dissolve is dependent on the PO4 level. Elevated PO4 will make the media dissolve quicker.

OP
OP
Fauna Marin

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bacto Reef Balls have been selling as quickly as we can stock them!

We have another shipment expected to arrive in 2 weeks.

Back