OP
OP
Happyschneider

Happyschneider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice Happyschneider , I am still waiting for my P4 MEGA set to come in as well , from my Black Friday purchase [emoji22][emoji24][emoji12][emoji13] very nice set up indeed !

I hope you used your secret black account so that you do not have to justify in your next internal review :D

happyschneiders

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you getting on with the aquascape?
Slowly [emoji23] had to decorate the house for Christmas, wife got the cold and sports club needed support. Besides, I was forbidden to use hammer and drill after the small one went to bed [emoji62]‍♂️

Putting together the aquas Cape in the dry to make it bond really well. Planning to finish it tomorrow and then water it for one week in the aquarium in RO/DI water and phosphate remover. Then add salt. And after a couple days, I will add the first softies. Keeping an eye on the ammonia with the seneye.

Ludders

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you getting on? Any updates for me? My nem split the other week which is good and I think both are doing okay.

Ludders

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
still work in progress, but here is a more up to date pic of mine.
20171211_175941.jpg

Night_shift_reefer_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along man! about to order my 350 deluxe tomorrow. I have a very old 150 right now. Hopefully i wont regret getting a smaller tank but i think a 350 will do me just fine.

OP
OP
Happyschneider

Happyschneider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along man! about to order my 350 deluxe tomorrow. I have a very old 150 right now. Hopefully i wont regret getting a smaller tank but i think a 350 will do me just fine.
Hey! Sorry for the late response and happy belated Christmas ;) I'm sure you will love your 350, it is a wonderful piece of glass!

OP
OP
Happyschneider

Happyschneider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you getting on? Any updates for me? My nem split the other week which is good and I think both are doing okay.
Oh wow, time flies, Christmas got in the way ;) Still watering my stones and not happy with the scape yet. Fish would not have enough hiding places. Will take a picture tomorrow to get input on it. Yours looks great! I currently have my anemone with the two clowns in it in quarantine and hope that I can soon put it in. Estimate is mid of January to have the system going with salt.

OP
OP
Happyschneider

Happyschneider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Christmas time is no time to start a new tank
wink.gif

There was such a good plan. Everything was there. If only there was no such thing called life! I completely under estimated the amount of work that needed to be done in preparation of this years Christmas. We had my wife's family over for the first time and it took just a tad more preparation than I originally thought.

Well, no harm done and I just left the stones in the RO/DI water for much longer than originally planned. This will hopefully help to remove any phosphates and Nitrates that were somewhere in there. Today, I exchanged all the RO/DI in the display tank to give the system another week or so with water only, before I will do that same again in 7 days and add salt. As I can only store 200 liters of water, it took a little bit longer than I thought, the display has 290 liters in total so it took a few extra trips with the buckets.

However, I thought I add some pictures of some equipment that has arrived in the meantime. I will install these in the coming days.

550A8285-2.jpg

luckyfin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know the width and height of the space to the right of the sump area?

happyschneiders

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, I really should update thus [emoji5]

I will check it out tonight and let you know about the dimensions. All I know is that it is enough for a tunze Magnet holder... So not much!

OP
OP
Happyschneider

Happyschneider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know the width and height of the space to the right of the sump area?

Right, took me longer than I thought. Life...

So to the right, you mean the area that is separated from the sump:

depth 44cm (you also have the hinges of the door that go 6.5 cm into the cabinet and protrude 2 cm from the wall)

opening of the door: 40cm widht, 70cm hight

However, there is an extra 6 cm height inside the cabinet (so 76 cm total).

OP
OP
Happyschneider

Happyschneider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems as if this build thread was completely forgotten. Well, that is not the complete truth. Life happened.

Work stress took off and all of a sudden it was summer. The good news is, my rocks really had time to cure, even if it was without any bleach. So, rock has been in RO/DI for several months when my wife finally lost her patience and asked me if I ever plan to start that thing

It just so happened, that we had 2 weeks off over summer and that gave me the perfect opportunity to install everything and get this baby off the ground.

I knew from the beginning that I wanted to try a fast start. That means no fish but a ton of corals that can take over the surfaces in the display tank. This should work as corals do not seem to mind lower concentration of ammonia or nitrite and with a little bit of luck, my algae reactor and skimmer should be able to take care of the nitrates and phosphates. Just to be on the safe side, I plan to run some phosphate remover in a small reactor to begin with. Long term, I hope to be able to leave away the phosphate reactor and just rely on algae and skimmer. If nitrates become too much of a problem, I will be using siporax with which I had very good experience in the past. This build will be automated as much as possible so I will be installing an ghl profilux 4. We will see how successful I will be with that! For dosing, I have a ghl Doser 2.1 slave ready that should do the trick to stabilise calcium and alk to support LPS and easy SPS from the beginning. Light will be provided by two ai 26HD. Flow by two maxsoect gyre 250 (yes, complete over powered, but I want to have very little noise and play with tidal simulation). So, with a little bit of luck, this thread is going to be more interesting in the future.

Here is an overview of how it looked like when I tried to make sense of all the new equipment:
IMG_20180715_142947.jpg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back