New Geo 618 Calcium Reactor

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Does anyone know where to find the instructions for Geo's new design 618 calcium reactor. Their website shows the old design. I can probably figure it out but some instructions would be nice.

OP
OP
dadnjesse

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
the lines are colored the same.
It is labeled in and out but you also have to put together the pump and various plumbing parts. I did get it together but you would think they would update the website. I don't know how long it's been since the redesign but they still have directions for the old version. And they direct you to their website for directions.

stevem650

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is labeled in and out but you also have to put together the pump and various plumbing parts. I did get it together but you would think they would update the website. I don't know how long it's been since the redesign but they still have directions for the old version. And they direct you to their website for directions.
I'm setting up the 618 new style this weekend. No instructions and have questions. The fittings from the circulation pump, did you just push the PVC into the fittings? Wont leak? Did you use silicone on the top gaskets?
How are you liking the reactor? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks

Last edited:

lakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Co2 line from your regulator goes into a check valve, then into the bubble counter, at the top, blue is effluent out, Feed water line should be connected to the barb fitting where the circulation pump connects to or john guest fitting that is on the pvc part. the black tubing for the circulation pump should come with plastic clips that tighten around the tube and barbs.

I have a 612 x 2 so it is a little different but mostly the same. I use a versa to pull effluent out at 80ml min, just enough so that the effluent is at a constant stream of drips without any pause. Set your co2 pressure to around 6-10 ( doesn't have to be exact) and start at a ph of 7.5ph on 7.4ph off. Check your alk before you make any changes and 24 hours after. My tank only has maybe 12 acro frags and a couple lps and my uptake is around .3 dkH per day, ph range stays between 7.4-7.3ph and alk is stable at 8. As things grow or if I add more coral, I will leave everything alone and just lower the pH bye .5pH at a time. Hope this helps.

stevem650

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going the carbon doser regulator and the new Kamoar with WIFI to pull. I also have a 2nd geo media chamber if needed. I’m using a PH scrubber and my PH is 8.3 to 8.4 during the day. Hope my PH stays OK.

stevem650

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pump connectors now push into side of reactor. Before connected on the top with unions.

2F252E24-51F7-4F76-A2C4-94D8A2EEB69E.jpeg

OP
OP
dadnjesse

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm setting up the 618 new style this weekend. No instructions and have questions. The fittings from the circulation pump, did you just push the PVC into the fittings? Wont leak? Did you use silicone on the top gaskets?
How are you liking the reactor? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks
I used silicone grease lightly on the uniseal

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new design rids the reactor of excess bubble/CO2 accumulation on the lid by moving the input and effluent lines from the from the recirculation loop to the lid. In the past, where a feed pump was used to push water into the reactor, it wasn’t as big an issue due to the positive pressure exerted on the reactor in using this push configuration. However, with the more modern way of using peristaltic pumps to pull water through the reactor, this bubble build up in the lid became more prevalent due to negative pressure exterted on the reactor. That’s why Serdar made the change from the recirculation loop to the lid for the feed and effluent lines.

For those with the old design, here’s a nifty 3D printed solution for bubble build up on the lid...

Last edited:

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 3.6%
Back