NEW GHL Doser 2.2 Maxi: Limited quantity now available for ordering!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Vinny@GHLUSA

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
USA orders are being shipped in the order they are received.
1668795621011.png

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning @Vinny@GHLUSA. Kind of a dumb question. I'm pretty sure I know the answer.

I have the old Maxi running AWC on my 125. It looks like the new extension unit is different than the old slave units. Will it work with the old Maxi for AWC on the new tank?

OP
OP
Vinny@GHLUSA

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning @Vinny@GHLUSA. Kind of a dumb question. I'm pretty sure I know the answer.

I have the old Maxi running AWC on my 125. It looks like the new extension unit is different than the old slave units. Will it work with the old Maxi for AWC on the new tank?
Yes it will work.

A 2.1 Maxi SA can control a 2.2 Maxi EXT as long as it is running on the most recent firmware.

Laith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested to wait for feedback on the noise (how do they compare to say the Maxi or even a Litermeter)

For me this is an important question. When I did my build I at first wanted to use a Maxi Doser 2.1 for AWC but when I heard one on someone else's tank it was too loud for me as it needed to sit in the tank stand under the tank and minimum noise was a criteria for the new tank. So I went with the Litermeter which I am very happy with.

Eventually I will probably need to replace the Litermeter and the GHL Maxi Doser would be ideal, IF the new version is much quieter than the 2.1.

Anyone have any feedback on this? Ideally if someone has compared the Maxi 2.2 to a Litermeter (which is very quiet).

Thanks!

Giedrius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for me english, and i am new with GHL
I have a question
I can feed me calcium reactor with GHL maxi doser 2.2 SA
and control the dosers doses with GHL kh director
depend on kh in mee reef tank ?

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is it a steady sound or a varying sound - kind of like it's "cogging" over? If its the later - you need to update to the latest GCC (1.1.4.7) and latest FW (1.49) If it still "cogging" over - use some Vaseline in the pump chamber. But even if it works perfect - there is a humming sound when it runs. For me it's not particularly disturbing - I just take it as confirmation that it works. But it can certainly be different how the sound is experienced

This is a example when it needs highest FW and some Vaseline in the pump chamber

Sincerely Lasse

Jan86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is it a steady sound or a varying sound - kind of like it's "cogging" over? If its the later - you need to update to the latest GCC (1.1.4.7) and latest FW (1.49) If it still "cogging" over - use some Vaseline in the pump chamber. But even if it works perfect - there is a humming sound when it runs. For me it's not particularly disturbing - I just take it as confirmation that it works. But it can certainly be different how the sound is experienced

This is a example when it needs highest FW and some Vaseline in the pump chamber

Sincerely Lasse
Thank you! Im using one head as ATO on full blast and it is ok. But second head as CaOH2 dosing 0,7ml/h is is like tik tik tik tik tik loud. I have all the latest cgg and latest fw in all 3 dosers. Here is video of it dosing that 0,7ml in hour speed

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This problem is unknown for me - I would send in a ticket to GHL in this case. Have you tested to switch pumps - let the left do the slow dosing and the right the fast? If you test that - you can get a clue if it is a problem with just that pump or if it is a general problem. @Gaël can probably fill in here.

You say 0.7 ml/hour - the speed indicate more IMO

Sincerely Lasse

Jan86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This problem is unknown for me - I would send in a ticket to GHL in this case. Have you tested to switch pumps - let the left do the slow dosing and the right the fast? If you test that - you can get a clue if it is a problem with just that pump or if it is a general problem. @Gaël can probably fill in here.

You say 0.7 ml/hour - the speed indicate more IMO

Sincerely Lasse
Thank you Lasse! Omg sorry i ment 0,7ml/min I will try to change the pumps today and try it and also i will lubricate with vaseline. I have sent ticket and they at GHL told me to put it in somewhere where i cant hear it.. like in closet OR just send it back where i bought it from XD nice they also said it cant be firmware. I dont beleave it. Im sure it can be programmed to move smootly like many other dosers can

Jan86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my continous duty dosers DD/kamoer VS GHL. Im just asking what the heck GHL? This cant be like this noisy. There has to be way to make also this ghl one to move smoothly and silent

Attachments

• Snapchat-624882682.mp4
    9.6 MB
  • Snapchat-1024930206.mp4
    14.2 MB

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 106 86.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back