New GHL gears showed at Reef-A-Palooza

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 1, Guests: 1)

Phyrenite

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like dead silent?
I wouldn't say dead silent.. there is still a low hum.. but nothing that is too distracting.. i run 2 SDC 9.0 at about 40%. If I bump them up to 60-70% they do get a lottle louder but not by much.

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lucas815 - have you tried the ehiem feeder "hack"? It's pretty easy and neat (essentially i cut the end off a USB cable, found the +ve and -ve wires and you solder them to the "triggger" button in the feeder). Then plug the other USB end into a socket using a standard USB adaptor and set a timer to run (I have 4 seconds) on that power socket every time you want a feed. I've also go the socket (using PL) to accept either the timer (8 times a day, for 4 seconds) OR a feed mode (The feed mode will trigger the socket for 4 seconds). Added to that I have a button that can trigger the feed mode.

Paddypils

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While looking for the dimension of the Sicce SDC 6 for a new tank found this, does this mean we will be able to connect SDC pumps to GHL?

2.png 1.png

Phyrenite

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While looking for the dimension of the Sicce SDC 6 for a new tank found this, does this mean we will be able to connect SDC pumps to GHL?

2.png 1.png
A certain birdy told me those were in the works about 7 months ago... it's taking a lot of self control to not purchase them as I'm assuming a software update to the GHL controller and app would be required..

I've been waiting forever to control them all with one app

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A certain birdy told me those were in the works about 7 months ago... it's taking a lot of self control to not purchase them as I'm assuming a software update to the GHL controller and app would be required..

I've been waiting forever to control them all with one app
Hi,

No update needed, it's 1-10v cables

Gael

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will we be able to use our existing sdc pumps with the new controller?
Hello,

No, sorry, not only the visual is different, electronics and firmware are also specially made for GHL.
You can buy a official Sicce GHL cable adapter to control them with 1-10v but you will not get special features of the GHL Versia controller.

Gaël

timry2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

No, sorry, not only the visual is different, electronics and firmware are also specially made for GHL.
You can buy a official Sicce GHL cable adapter to control them with 1-10v but you will not get special features of the GHL Versia controller.

Gaël
Thanks for the reply

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 130 59.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 78 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.8%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.8%
Back