0   0   0
09110046-910C-433B-9414-1677797690A3.png

MartinM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not seeing these available on their online store and no reply when I email them. Anyone know where these are available? Any country is fine, that’s what freight forwarding is for

oldmonk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not seeing these available on their online store and no reply when I email them. Anyone know where these are available? Any country is fine, that’s what freight forwarding is for
They are available directly from Giesemann

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, they are available on their own website (and several other European retailers) and giesemann can ship to the US.

I will be receiving the 1500 model in about 3-4 weeks. I’ll post my thoughts on it when I’ve gotten familiar with it.

oldmonk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, they are available on their own website (and several other European retailers) and giesemann can ship to the US.

I will be receiving the 1500 model in about 3-4 weeks. I’ll post my thoughts on it when I’ve gotten familiar with it.
are these lights predominantly for sps tanks? Given the total wattage, atleast looks like .

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are these lights predominantly for sps tanks? Given the total wattage, atleast looks like .
Well, they are for maximum coverage and no shadowing. I guess that’s mostly attributed to sps tanks but that’s also good for mixed tanks. The T5’s are dimmable so you don’t need to crank them to 100%.

That being said I will use it over a sps tank.

oldmonk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, they are for maximum coverage and no shadowing. I guess that’s mostly attributed to sps tanks but that’s also good for mixed tanks. The T5’s are dimmable so you don’t need to crank them to 100%.

That being said I will use it over a sps tank.
Shadowing part is well taken care of. Given the width at 43.5cm, i doubt how much liberty we can take to hang these fixture above water level without the lights bleeding out. I personally like the lights to be at minimum 12'' above basically for ease of maintenance and to avoid any water spray. At the same time that also gives a room for ramping up the lights if needed. My upcoming set up being 60cm wide i will need to study the hanging aspect a bit more.

Nevertheless, the fixture is super. Looks like Giesemann has gone all out with these!!

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shadowing part is well taken care of. Given the width at 43.5cm, i doubt how much liberty we can take to hang these fixture above water level without the lights bleeding out. I personally like the lights to be at minimum 12'' above basically for ease of maintenance and to avoid any water spray. At the same time that also gives a room for ramping up the lights if needed. My upcoming set up being 60cm wide i will need to study the hanging aspect a bit more.

Nevertheless, the fixture is super. Looks like Giesemann has gone all out with these!!
I’m currently using the “old” aurora and it’s hanging around 32cm above the water, can’t say that I’ve noticed any problems with light spill. I’m fairly confident that it won’t be a problem with the V8 either.
The depth of the tank will of course also factor in. My current tank is 70cm front to back and the tank it’s going over is 80cm.

I’ll report back as soon as I’ve had some experience with it :)

oldmonk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m currently using the “old” aurora and it’s hanging around 32cm above the water, can’t say that I’ve noticed any problems with light spill. I’m fairly confident that it won’t be a problem with the V8 either.
The depth of the tank will of course also factor in. My current tank is 70cm front to back and the tank it’s going over is 80cm.

I’ll report back as soon as I’ve had some experience with it :)
Right.. for 80cm front to back i dont think V8 will pose any light spilling issues even if taken higher. Mine is 60cm front to back, so i will need to give a thought.

Following your V8 review.

smklaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered mine and they said I need to get the converter myself here, from Amazon. Does anyone know exactly what it is I need?

oldmonk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the electrical rating of your region/house?
If your household supply is 220-240V and if the lights are 110V, then you would need a step-down transformer/converter.
and if yr household supply is 110V and the lights are 220-240V, then you would need a step-up trasnformer/converter
Hope that helps.

smklaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will. Going to hang over current tank while Crystal Dynamics build my new one for the new house. I plan to start a build thread shortly.

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone received and installed their V8's? Reviews or comments?
I have been running mine for a bit over a month and overall it’s a very good light. Working on a full review but with a toddler and stuff time to film longer segments has been limited.
If you want you can check it out in action on my IG until I’ve finished the darn thing.

Back