Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!
New guy from the Netherlands here.
Got a blue marine 60 a while ago and set it up at my parents house. Unfortunately due to personal circumstances and moving houses it’s still at my parents house and running with live rock and a little piece of zoa and favia, but it’s covered in algae and hasn’t been properly maintained for about 3 months. I know it’s a shame. The corals still seem to be doing fine though. Now I’m finally settled at my new place and plan to move it here soon! Of course I have a lot of questions on how to tackle this challenge and plan to post here frequently and hope you guys can help.
Reef on!✌
Welcome!

Sometimes life gets in the way, but seems like you are a 'Find a Way, Make a Way' type of person so know this will all work out smoother than you expect (because it sounds like you're a planner and will know in advance what you want to do and how to do it)

Glad you joined. Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. Like you, I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
97AB5248-2A89-4305-A314-0472EC7FF19F.png
97AB5248-2A89-4305-A314-0472EC7FF19F.png

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!
New guy from the Netherlands here.
Got a blue marine 60 a while ago and set it up at my parents house. Unfortunately due to personal circumstances and moving houses it’s still at my parents house and running with live rock and a little piece of zoa and favia, but it’s covered in algae and hasn’t been properly maintained for about 3 months. I know it’s a shame. The corals still seem to be doing fine though. Now I’m finally settled at my new place and plan to move it here soon! Of course I have a lot of questions on how to tackle this challenge and plan to post here frequently and hope you guys can help.
Reef on!✌
Welcome to R2R!!!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 81 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back