New Guy Introduction

Willy P

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

I've been lurking forums a while and stumbled on this group last night, so I thought today would be a good day to finally make an account.

I've had my JBJ 24 Cube for 6-7 months now and have been getting pretty addicted to this hobby. Attached is my cube from about two months ago.
IMG_6477.JPG

Since then I've battled with some bubble algae, which was defeated and now I've got some green hairy stuff, but overall everything is going great with the cube. I've ditched the hood and added a media basket, power head, and Kessil A80.

Now I've decided to start saving my pennies for a large tank around 100 gallons. I'm a huge fan of the softies and lots of fish, and my toddler and I both enjoy a lot of movement in the tank.

That's my story. I just wanted to say great to be here and I've enjoyed reading through these forums.

Patrick

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Patrick!

I'm not from TN myself but welcome to R2R!

Love the midnight clownfish

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! My newborn already loves watching my tank at 3 months old as well! Great excuse to go bigger! :)

OP
OP
W

Willy P

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Patrick!

I'm not from TN myself but welcome to R2R!

Love the midnight clownfish

Sadly, the pair is no longer. I had a regular orange/white plus the midnight. My daughter, of course, named the orange "nemo" and we affectionately named the midnight "emo". Nemo decided to jump recently while I was at work, so we only have one now.

I haven't been able to figure out if introducing another clown is a smart idea. I know they like to pair but I heard they need to be introduced at the same time.

OP
OP
W

Willy P

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! My newborn already loves watching my tank at 3 months old as well! Great excuse to go bigger! :)

Thank you!

I've got the perfect spot in the living room, I'm just saving and convincing the wife we need a bigger one and it's more for my daughter than me.

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly, the pair is no longer. I had a regular orange/white plus the midnight. My daughter, of course, named the orange "nemo" and we affectionately named the midnight "emo". Nemo decided to jump recently while I was at work, so we only have one now.

I haven't been able to figure out if introducing another clown is a smart idea. I know they like to pair but I heard they need to be introduced at the same time.
I love the names... sorry for the loss though.

You can certainly add another. Preferably add a much smaller clownfish. This way it almost guarantees it will be a male and the larger of the two will turn female if it hadn't already being alive in the system.

Issues occur when two females are added.

Good luck!

OP
OP
W

Willy P

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the names... sorry for the loss though.

You can certainly add another. Preferably add a much smaller clownfish. This way it almost guarantees it will be a male and the larger of the two will turn female if it hadn't already being alive in the system.

Issues occur when two females are added.

Good luck!

I'll certainly do that, then. My toddler loves nemo and I want the clowns to pair up.

By the way, I'll be following your build thread. That concept looks incredible.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R Patrick. :)

OP
OP
W

Willy P

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone.

I took crab’s advice above and grabbed another clown and bubble tip anemone yesterday, and I’m glad because the two clowns are like peas and carrots and getting along great.

Doing a 50% water change tonight and starting the flucon treatment for the hair algae, hopefully that kills it off.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey welcome. I'm sure you've figured out already that people here are really nice.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back