New Gyre 300 Series Pumps Feature Sine Wave Tech & Flow Director

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for those of you with the 100/200 series already and apex. am i SOL making this work with apex if i have the aped EL model? this doesnt have the 0-10v i see you all mentioning. currently im all vortech with the wxm but very intrigued with getting these 300 series.

Claus84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set my new gyres up today, I can confirm they are significantly quieter than the 200 series.

I made a comparison vid linked below. Apologies for the vid quality, reflections etc I'm no YouTuber [emoji3]! Should give you a good idea of the noise difference though.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set my new gyres up today, I can confirm they are significantly quieter than the 200 series.

I made a comparison vid linked below. Apologies for the vid quality, reflections etc I'm no YouTuber [emoji3]! Should give you a good idea of the noise difference though.

Is the controller new/different as well? Can you run the new pumps off the old controllers? Thanks!

Claus84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The controller pin configuration is different so you couldn't run the 200 series off the 300 controller, I haven't really played around with the controller much but I don't think it's much different from the ICV6 version you can get for the 200 series.

Saveafish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanna run 4 each side top and bottom. Right top Left bottom surge in... right bottom left top surge out..... in sink 12 hrs than switch 12 hrs. I'm thinking tide in tide out.

U

User1

View Badges
So not backward compatible? If so I would have to say that is a bone headed move on their part and they probably just alienated their XF2x user base which I'd wager is somewhat large. I know I wouldn't upgrade but that is just my opinion.

Claus84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanna run 4 each side top and bottom. Right top Left bottom surge in... right bottom left top surge out..... in sink 12 hrs than switch 12 hrs. I'm thinking tide in tide out.
I run 2 in my reef on a alternating cycle so the gyre flow changes direction every 6 hours to roughly simulate tide coming in and going out, works well. Not sure you would need 4 unless your tank is massive

Claus84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So not backward compatible? If so I would have to say that is a bone headed move on their part and they probably just alienated their XF2x user base which I'd wager is somewhat large. I know I wouldn't upgrade but that is just my opinion.
No unfortunately not, it does seem somewhat of a money grabbing move by maxspect. All I can say is first impressions I am very happy with the 300's, just wish they came out 2 years ago so I hadn't spent money on 150 & 250's too!

Frogger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is not backwards compatible because it uses Syne Wave Technology and the controller would not work with the old models. It is not because they didn't want to make them compatible. They would have made a lot more money selling addition pumps/controllers as people upgraded. I just hope they make the cover an add on part I can add to my old 250's as it would reduce how often I have to clean them

Frogger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed.

If they don’t make it - I hope someone with the know how from a 3d printer can and make lots of money.

I heard from someone who has the 300 series that the hoods snap on and off. If they are the same size they could work and Maxspect is good about selling all the individual parts at reasonable prices

xaflatoonx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yup - they sure snap on and off... but i dont think they are the same size as the 200 series.

i have asked the question on the forum from maxspect - but either they are too busy counting money from all the sales - or just dont want to admit that all those people who bought their 200 series pumps on black friday are just screwed ...

Frogger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those that own the 200 series once they release the 300 series they no longer carry the 200 series. Here in Canada you cannot buy a 200 series pump anymore. I had a heck of a time getting a 250 after Christmas as there were none available and Canadian distributor no longer has any.

So you might want to buy a spare while you have the chance.

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone with updated ETAs on the 300 series in the states?

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hood deflectors will not fit the 200 series because the cages are different. There are no grooves/insets for the deflectors to snap onto.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back