New Gyre 300 Series Pumps Feature Sine Wave Tech & Flow Director

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

wasmithee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm setting mine up now... trying to figure out how to control it with my Apex. My variable speed ports don't seem to be doing anything.

They are very quiet.

jsvand5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm setting mine up now... trying to figure out how to control it with my Apex. My variable speed ports don't seem to be doing anything.

They are very quiet.

Yea. The directions weren’t too helpful for setting up the clock or the automatic programs. Even now I’m not 100% positive I have the night mode set up right.

One more question, is there a way to set the low flow range on the pulse modes? It goes all the way to 10%. I’d rather run the program to range from 100% down to around 40% instead of all the way down to 10%.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

They are very quiet.

What interface are you using to connect to your apex? Icecap or something else?

jsvand5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After using it for a couple days, 350 isn’t quite as strong as I had hoped it would be. It seems to push good flow for about 3ft or so. The other half of my 6foot tank is getting almost nothing. I didn’t want to put one on the opposite side because that side is where I view the tank from for a good amount of time. I’m thinking about adding another to the back wall because one isn’t going to be near enough flow for SPS even with my other propeller style pumps.

Paul C.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About to set up my pair of 350's on my 8' 315. Does anybody think they look cheaper? I opened the box and thought they looked like the Icecap models.

Pulling out a pair of 280's and the size difference alone just makes me question the ability of the new 300 series

UPDATE....
Ok, I want to say even though I questioned the appearance of the new gyre's I will say that the new directors are a much-needed upgrade from the old. At 50% power I have great water movement across the 8' length of my tank. I bought the integrated controller but will have to wait for another day to play with that. I'm off to other projects. Lol

Last edited:

Biglurr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Common 3d printer people, Make some Flow Director for the XF250s! Even the Crossflows have flow directors!

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys who are upset they’re not backwards compatible, or that the old pump users are alienated do realize you don’t HAVE to upgrade your Powerheads every time a new model comes out. Just like you don’t have to get a new return pump every year or two, or completely upgrade your led panels every time a new generation comes out. Why even purchase robust high cost, “reliable” gear if you’re going to scrap it every 12-18 months for something new?

JMM744

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a computer illiterate reefer I would sure like better instructions for the SYNA-G- app and setting it up. I tried doing the preset but not sure it’s actually set up.
Love the pumps though. Much quieter then my icecap 3K’s. Put two in my 120 reef tank and get great flow. Smaller diameter then the icecap too.

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out their YouTube videos. Coralvue. They sync all is based on the 200 series but works the same. Without the video I would have been pretty lost

Christopher Presley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys who are upset they’re not backwards compatible, or that the old pump users are alienated do realize you don’t HAVE to upgrade your Powerheads every time a new model comes out. Just like you don’t have to get a new return pump every year or two, or completely upgrade your led panels every time a new generation comes out. Why even purchase robust high cost, “reliable” gear if you’re going to scrap it every 12-18 months for something new?
You say that but there’s already people saying they have broken parts which are known to wear out the gate and can’t get replacements? That’s the BS part to me.

Flore

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

They are very quiet.

Were you able to make them work with the Apex? How would that function, what's the connection without the interface module?

wasmithee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were you able to make them work with the Apex? How would that function, what's the connection without the interface module?
No Apex interface yet for these pumps to my knowledge. I have to use the "Maxspect Connect ICV6 control module" for now. Hopefully soon there will be Apex support.

tyuksel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Previous series used to have a y adapter cable to attach a backup battery. Do they include same with his new series? I couldn't see any info about battery backup with these pumps. Any input is appreciated as I am in deciding phase for a pump and undecided between mp40s and new gyres for my 3 foot (150cm) long tank.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 41 48.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 44 52.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 22 26.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.7%
Back