New here and would like to say hello!

Jget61

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

First off I'd like to say hello, thank you and thank you in advance. I've lurked around this forum for many years and obtained very important information throughout my struggles and successes. So thank you to each and everyone of you. Due to the recent pandemic I've had more time on my hands to be able to dive right back into this hobby. I'm currently running two tanks while building a third :oops:.

Current set ups:

90 gallon tank (Pretty much Fish only)
Sump with bioballs, Euro-reef protein skimmer, UV sterilizer (forgive me for not knowing all the model numbers and specifics on this tank, it was gifted to me long ago)
Orbit Marine IC pro dual LED strips, dual eflux power heads and loop system
Two additional Koralia power heads
Return pump unknown (part of the gift lol)
ATO system

20210210_143024.jpg

45 Gallon JBJ AIO (Used as a QT tank)

AI Prime 16HD Reef
Currently running Matrix, Filter Floss and Foam blocks for filtration in the media basket
Hydor heater
Innovative Marine Protein skimmer
Jeboa power head
Custom made stand
JBJ ATO

20210210_143123.jpg

150 Gallon Tank (Currently DIY-ing the hell out of this thing)

Dual overflow
DIY sump out of a 55 gallon long Petco tank
Dual 4 inch filter socks
Finnex heater
Coralife UV
Current USA eflux return pump (1900 gph)
4 Hydra 52's non HD
AI Director
I haven't decided on a protein skimmer, doser, power heads or sand yet. Any recommendations?

20210210_143212.jpg

My plan is to break down the 90 gallon and only run the 150 and JBJ. Sorry for the lengthy post everyone! I figured, don't we all want to know what everyone is running?

BlennyTime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like good progress! I did a similar upgrade from a 75 to a 180 last year and the extra space is great! You will love it!!

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I know you will love the space. It is a shame to break down such a beautiful tank. Glad to have you. And good luck.

Pistol Peet

Reefing , family ,God, country.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

First off I'd like to say hello, thank you and thank you in advance. I've lurked around this forum for many years and obtained very important information throughout my struggles and successes. So thank you to each and everyone of you. Due to the recent pandemic I've had more time on my hands to be able to dive right back into this hobby. I'm currently running two tanks while building a third :oops:.

Current set ups:

Sump with bioballs, Euro-reef protein skimmer, UV sterilizer (forgive me for not knowing all the model numbers and specifics on this tank, it was gifted to me long ago)
ATO system

20210210_143024.jpg

AI Prime 16HD Reef
Currently running Matrix, Filter Floss and Foam blocks for filtration in the media basket
Hydor heater
Jeboa power head
Custom made stand
JBJ ATO

20210210_143123.jpg

Dual overflow
Dual 4 inch filter socks
Finnex heater
Coralife UV
4 Hydra 52's non HD
AI Director
I haven't decided on a protein skimmer, doser, power heads or sand yet. Any recommendations?

20210210_143212.jpg

My plan is to break down the 90 gallon and only run the 150 and JBJ. Sorry for the lengthy post everyone! I figured, don't we all want to know what everyone is running?
Very nice and thanks for joining I have a red sea XXL 750. a waterbox 30 gallon all in one Aquarium. And a 250 gallon Marineland tank I think it is. which is a fowlr, tank fish only.

Pistol Peet

Reefing , family ,God, country.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

Current set ups:

ATO system

20210210_143024.jpg

AI Prime 16HD Reef
Hydor heater
Jeboa power head
Custom made stand
JBJ ATO

20210210_143123.jpg

Dual overflow
Dual 4 inch filter socks
Finnex heater
Coralife UV
4 Hydra 52's non HD
AI Director

20210210_143212.jpg

Skimmer Reef Octopus for sure or bubble King if budget is none issues power heads i go Gyros or mp 40s

OP
OP
J

Jget61

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I know you will love the space. It is a shame to break down such a beautiful tank. Glad to have you. And good luck.
Thank you, and I know! I dont want to break the 90g down it has alot of sentimental value. But I also don't want to spread myself too thin .

OP
OP
J

Jget61

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah baby yeah lol, clearly I'm a newbie. I screwed up the Austin powers response lol

OP
OP
J

Jget61

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, just a quick update. I finally made my choice on sand and went with four 40lbs bags of Ocean Direct live sand. I know sand is always up for debate but some how I got a killer deal on it. 160lbs for about $65! Petsmart was running a clearance promotion for $21 a bag. I know the numbers don't match but somehow the employee at the register also gave me 50% off on 2 bags that were already on clearance lol! Meaning, I paid about $20 for two bags of the four! Granted I had to hit four petsmarts but in my area, they aren't far from each other.

20210219_221421.jpg

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 48 55.2%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 29.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back