New here, dont let my wife kill me :)

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

New here. Please help me. I was in the hobby for about a decade in the early 2000's. Back at it now. Things have changed. I have a 20 gallon nano. I bought a 200 gallon penisula, will be delivered in November.

I have corals quarantined in the nano and about dozen or so fish quarantined too. Once the fish all eating well and fat, im going to treat them for potential diseases. Aim is to have an ich free, disease free, display from the get go.

I tend to go a bit overboard on hobbies. This one for sure! Don't let my wife kill me, please!

A buddy has really helped me a lot, but i'd like to start a build thread on the 200 gallon and get a lot of input from you all as i buy things for it.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

New here. Please help me. I was in the hobby for about a decade in the early 2000's. Back at it now. Things have changed. I have a 20 gallon nano. I bought a 200 gallon penisula, will be delivered in November.

I have corals quarantined in the nano and about dozen or so fish quarantined too. Once the fish all eating well and fat, im going to treat them for potential diseases. Aim is to have an ich free, disease free, display from the get go.

I tend to go a bit overboard on hobbies. This one for sure! Don't let my wife kill me, please!

A buddy has really helped me a lot, but i'd like to start a build thread on the 200 gallon and get a lot of input from you all as i buy things for it.
Welcome my wife's
No fear we have your back if you have ours.
Show us your tank
No one here overspends on this hobby.

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef! You need to get her onboard with your new addiction... I mean hobby lol :). You’re joining a group of great enablers, looking forward to seeing the tank!!!
giphy.gif

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome aboard. For best results with your wife, try asking her what her limits on this would be, and staying within those limits as much as possible. Also try letting her pick out some fish and/or shrimp, letting her know that it can only be ones that will be suitable for the tank. Communication and respect are your best friends in any relationship, and getting your S/O into your hobby will get you pretty far with enabling that hobby further. Don't push if she isn't very interested, though, nobody likes that.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back