New here, dont let my wife kill me :)

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
if-you-dont-think-your-wifes-going-to-kill-you-in-this-hobby-youre-gonna-have-a-bad-time.jpg

OP
OP
Mywifeisgunnakillme

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Which peninsula is it? Pics and build thread when it comes :D

Surething. It's a Innovative Marine external 200 gallon peninsula. They will be advertised to the public in November or December. If anyone wants one too i bet IM would sort you out.
Screenshot_20200916-210446_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
20200917_181245.jpg
Screenshot_20200916-210413_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
Mywifeisgunnakillme

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh jeez! sounds great!! -- will have to post a build thread once you get your 200gal!

Started :)

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surething. It's a Innovative Marine external 200 gallon peninsula. They will be advertised to the public in November or December. If anyone wants one too i bet IM would sort you out.
Screenshot_20200916-210446_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
20200917_181245.jpg
Screenshot_20200916-210413_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Welcome!!!! Nice!

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

New here. Please help me. I was in the hobby for about a decade in the early 2000's. Back at it now. Things have changed. I have a 20 gallon nano. I bought a 200 gallon penisula, will be delivered in November.

I have corals quarantined in the nano and about dozen or so fish quarantined too. Once the fish all eating well and fat, im going to treat them for potential diseases. Aim is to have an ich free, disease free, display from the get go.

I tend to go a bit overboard on hobbies. This one for sure! Don't let my wife kill me, please!

A buddy has really helped me a lot, but i'd like to start a build thread on the 200 gallon and get a lot of input from you all as i buy things for it.
Sorry my last welcome wasn't a formal one so here's another proper response thats probably more fitting:)
tenor (1).gif

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Talking to your wife about costs is absolutely the best way to go. I know some people have their SO get mad about how much they're spending, and it can often be prevented by just talking about how much is reasonable. Spending money on something for your SO, or encouraging them to spend on their own hobby, can also work- assuming there's free spending money to be had. If there isn't much spending money available, well, maybe it should go not exclusively to corals anyway.

Does your wife like nice chocolates? Ordering some as a "thank you for not killing me about all the fish" present might be good. Or, heck, try and bake something. People usually like homemade cookies. I have a couple good recipes, if you'd like, for things that are easy to bake.

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the party! Encourage your wife to enjoy the hobby with you or encourage her with her own hobbies... mine draws... she likes to draw the fish. And absolutely communicate on the overall expectations for expenses. Im in banking... money is a tough subject and destroys relationships. Don't let your reef be the reason.

Happy reefing! :)

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the party! Encourage your wife to enjoy the hobby with you or encourage her with her own hobbies... mine draws... she likes to draw the fish. And absolutely communicate on the overall expectations for expenses. Im in banking... money is a tough subject and destroys relationships. Don't let your reef be the reason.

Happy reefing! :)

6499D72D-CF15-4418-959B-27C58426D9F8.jpeg

My wife processed my new corals that got from California today. Dipped them, rinsed them and put them in my frag tank while I was at work! I love my wife!

ReefRDY

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

New here. Please help me. I was in the hobby for about a decade in the early 2000's. Back at it now. Things have changed. I have a 20 gallon nano. I bought a 200 gallon penisula, will be delivered in November.

I have corals quarantined in the nano and about dozen or so fish quarantined too. Once the fish all eating well and fat, im going to treat them for potential diseases. Aim is to have an ich free, disease free, display from the get go.

I tend to go a bit overboard on hobbies. This one for sure! Don't let my wife kill me, please!

A buddy has really helped me a lot, but i'd like to start a build thread on the 200 gallon and get a lot of input from you all as i buy things for it.
Sounds like you can survive lol

Nick Steele

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eh she married you so hopefully she knew what she was getting into ;Greedy

Heck my wife never knew and neither did I really until I started my current job that I wanted a reef tank (was more freshwater but starting to sway to salt now). Settled on a small 20G due to plans of moving etc so didn’t want to go to big just yet. Got her talking one night and she envisioned a 8’+ 400+ gallon tank. Not that I ever wanted that big but I will take it when/if I can. Mentioned I didn’t want that big and her statement was “more of what I like means more budget for the tank” so heck I’ll try to go as big as possible when we get a house.

Communication is best to be honest if you like something let your S/O know even if it is expensive it is a heck of a lot better than getting caught up in a lie over a couple dollar (or few hundred/thousands lol).

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back