NEW HI774 Phosphate Ultra Low Range Colorimeter – Checker® HC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Hanna Instruments

Hanna Instruments

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the reason for this? I've wasted many reagents because of pressing the button at C2 instead of holding the button. All the other checkers (Ca, Alk, etc.) only require a press of the button at C2 except for phosphate/phosphorous, which requires holding the button down. Why not make it consistent across all your checkers?
Some Checkers require timers while others do not. Its an internal function to hold down the button for timed operations and press the button to not have a timer. If the Checker has a timer at C2 then you need to hold down the button.

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do reagents from the regular phosphate checker work?

Jason Collins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought the ULR phosphorus one... Basically the only thing new is the timer is longer? So if I didnt have issues using the old version then I don't really need to waste my time with new one?

OP
OP
Hanna Instruments

Hanna Instruments

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought the ULR phosphorus one... Basically the only thing new is the timer is longer? So if I didnt have issues using the old version then I don't really need to waste my time with new one?
They are measuring the same thing, the new unit doesn't require a conversion and wont shut off so quickly between C1 and C2. It can read higher ranges compared to the Phosphorus model.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The problem with the “old” model, the one you have, is that it auto powers off in 3 minutes. The test has to wait for two minutes, so if you aren’t able to get all the powder in there and the vial cleaned in 60 seconds it’ll turn off- ruining the test and losing that initial calibration.

It’s a pain in the butt, pretty much the reason I don’t use mine. Sounds like they fixed it though. I wish they just gave us a software update though, that we could flash it with ourselves to get the longer timer. Any chance of that @Hanna Instruments ?

OP
OP
Hanna Instruments

Hanna Instruments

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem with the “old” model, the one you have, is that it auto powers off in 3 minutes. The test has to wait for two minutes, so if you aren’t able to get all the powder in there and the vial cleaned in 60 seconds it’ll turn off- ruining the test and losing that initial calibration.

It’s a pain in the butt, pretty much the reason I don’t use mine. Sounds like they fixed it though. I wish they just gave us a software update though, that we could flash it with ourselves to get the longer timer. Any chance of that @Hanna Instruments ?
We corrected this issue but Its not possible to update an older Checker. We also had to adjust the chemistry a bit to coincide with the shift in an increased auto-shut off.

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
to clarify my previous question and your answer, does the reagent for the PPB ULR tester work for the PPM (new model discussed here) ULR tester?

does
HI736-25 = HI774-25 ?
You need to use the new reagents (HI774-25) for the new Checker (HI774).

OP
OP
Hanna Instruments

Hanna Instruments

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
to clarify my previous question and your answer, does the reagent for the PPB ULR tester work for the PPM (new model discussed here) ULR tester?

does
HI736-25 = HI774-25 ?
No you need to use the HI774-25 for the HI774 and the HI736-25 for the HI736, even though they are similar, there are differences between the two.

Tierarzt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the HI 713 low range phosphate and consistently get 0.00 even though I have a decent amount of gha and cyano in my tank. Is it worth getting the HI774 in order to try to detect ultea low levels of phosphate. I know the HI713 reads down to 0.00, but is the HI774 more sensitive in picking up low readings? Thanks!

OP
OP
Hanna Instruments

Hanna Instruments

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the HI 713 low range phosphate and consistently get 0.00 even though I have a decent amount of gha and cyano in my tank. Is it worth getting the HI774 in order to try to detect ultea low levels of phosphate. I know the HI713 reads down to 0.00, but is the HI774 more sensitive in picking up low readings? Thanks!
Yes it is more sensitive at picking up low range phosphate levels, the HI774 is twice as accurate as the HI713.

jmsalt1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a HI-713 and my only complaint is that the packets of reagent powder are awkward and it can be a bit of an exercise to get opened and poured completely into the small opening on the curvett given how they are packaged. I’m pretty careful to get it all in the curvett but has there ever been another packaging option considered?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back