NEW HI98319 Hanna Waterproof Salinity and Temperature Tester

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Hanna Instruments

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI98319-Angle-720x720-d7985b7d-e147-4611-b160-11a7c5cef302.jpg
HI98319-Electrode-Closeup-720x720-cacf76ed-a539-4626-826e-a227b9129dae.jpg
HI98319-In-Case_3-720x720-87927e4a-1245-4e63-85e9-b8219616170b.jpg

We are please to announce our new HI98319 waterproof salinity and temperature meter ($69.00 USD)

HI98319 is a digital salinity tester designed specifically for saltwater aquariums and displays results in parts per thousand (ppt), Practical Salinity Units (PSU), or specific gravity (S.G.). This waterproof tester uses an amperometric conductivity probe to determine the salt content in the water. This robust tester displays the readings along with temperature on a large LCD.

Hanna Instruments HI98319 is a salinity tester made specifically for the saltwater aquariums and can measure salinity up to 70.00 ppt. The rugged waterproof tester is only 0.7" thick and extremely ergonomic, fitting comfortably in your hand. The HI98319 keeps things simple with a two-button operation; one for ON/OFF, the other for calibration.

The salinity tester features a large multi level LCD which displays either ppt, PSU or specific gravity along with temperature. Temperature can be set to display in oC or oF. An exposed temperature sensor allows for rapid automatic temperature compensated measurements. The LCD screen has stability and calibration tag indicators. A battery percent level inidicator is displayed at start up to alert the user of the remaining battery power that is available.

Salinity readings are performed by an amperometric graphite probe that resists oxidation, providing better repeatability in measurements. The use of graphite also reduces the polarization effect common with testers that use two stainless steel pins.

Calibration is performed by pressing the dedicated calibration button. Once in calibration mode, the probe is placed in 35.00 ppt calibration standard. When the standard value is recognized and stability reached, the meter will automatically accept and store the value.

Setup options include an adjustable automatic shut-off in which the meter can be set to turn off after 8 minutes, 60 minutes, or disabled. To enter the setup mode the user presses a button located in the battery compartment.

HI98319 waterproof salinity tester provides a simple, accurate and cost-effective way to determine the salt concentration in saltwater aquariums.

METER FEATURES/BENEFITS:

Seawater Salinity by Conductivity - All salinity measurements displayed on the large multi-level LCD are calculated from a conductivity measurement based upon known tables including the International Oceanographic Tables for ppt readings.

Choice of Measurement Units – Displays results in parts per thousand (ppt), Practical Salinity Units (PSU), or specific gravity (S.G.).

Automatic Temperature Compensation – Conductivity measurements are very sensitive to temperature variations. HI98319 has an exposed temperature sensor for a rapid temperature compensated salinity measurement.

Graphite Sensors – Reduces polarization effects common testers that use with stanless steel and does not oxidize resulting in a reliable and accurate readings.

Automatic Calibration – A 35.00 ppt solution is used for calibration and automatically recognized when in calibration mode.

Automatic Shut-off – Selectable from 8 minutes, 60 minutes, or disabled.

Long Battery Life -
Approximately 100 hours of continuous use.

Plastic Carrying Case – The 98319 is supplied complete with meter and 35 ppt calibration sachets in a durable plastic storage case.

SPECIFICATIONS:

Range

0.0 to 70.0 ppt (g/L)
0.0 to 70.0 PSU
1.000 to 1.041 S.G.
0.0 to 50.0°C; 32.0 to 122.0°F

Resolution

0.1 ppt (g/L)
0.1 PSU
0.1°C; 0.1°F

Accuracy @ 25 oC/ 77 oF

±1 ppt for 0.0 to 40.0 ppt; ±2 ppt for readings over 40.0 ppt
±1 PSU for 0.0 to 40.0 PSU ; ±2 PSU for readings over 40.0 PSU
±0.001 S.G.
±0.5°C; 1°F

Method
ppt - International Oceanographic Tables
PSU - Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, 2510 B, Electrical Conductivity Method
S.G.- Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, 2510 C, Density Method

Calibration
automatic, one point at 35 ppt

Will be available from a retailer near you in the next few weeks.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Its up on hannas website to purchase... im not sure how much shipping is but ill probably wait till brs has it before i pick it up!

OP
OP
Hanna Instruments

Hanna Instruments

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its up on hannas website to purchase... im not sure how much shipping is but ill probably wait till brs has it before i pick it up!
We do not have any in stock. Keep an eye out for some retailers putting it on their website during the Black Friday sales in the next few days. We hope to have some in the next 3-4weeks.

OP
OP
Hanna Instruments

Hanna Instruments

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back