OP
scott11106

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow looks great love it
thanks, it is my pride and joy.... i need to pull the xenia out and i already started pulling the star polyps out as they were already starting to take over tank but other than that things are going really well

AiKkz

Hard work beats talent every time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here are some pictures from today, stand for water reservoirs done, ap700 supports mounted and the RO/DI is working away....

IMG_5239.jpg

Are you like me and kinda regret blacking out the back simply because you cant watch ur tank when you're in the fish room?

OP
OP
scott11106

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you like me and kinda regret blacking out the back simply because you cant watch ur tank when you're in the fish room?
yes i really would have put some film or plastic that i could remove to view but now that the Coraline is growing on back it would cover anyway so might not be a gig deal either way

OP
OP
scott11106

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and thanks, it is clean but i still want to clean up the wires and i dont like the algae scrubber sitting where it is but i would have to hard plumb it in on the right as my only option so.....thinking about doing that soon as that thing really works.

OP
OP
scott11106

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well as of right now..would you change anything..(tank, equipment, fish room)?
the only things i would change is i would have put a bigger tank in, i was playing around and have little over a foot on each side i would have put the 400 instead of the 300gal, also i would have put a roller sock instead of the 4 filter socks i have but other than that everything is perfect and the tank is doing REALLY good....

OP
OP
scott11106

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well all things are great, changing my salt to reef crystals as the red sea fluctuates too much in the 55 gallon reservoir, also time to add a couple of new fish so i need to figure out the next family members...

also i cleaned and left my algae scrubber off as i wanted to see if that is a needed component now that the tank is pretty well established

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build man.. I have a question or 2.. how do you like the AP700 lights and why did you choose these over T5 or Radions? What is Flow rate going through the UV light?

OP
OP
scott11106

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build man.. I have a question or 2.. how do you like the AP700 lights and why did you choose these over T5 or Radions? What is Flow rate going through the UV light?
i really like the AP 700's and I have had alot of coral growth so they seem to the right pick...
here is how i have my flow right now

Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 12.45.10 PM.png

OP
OP
scott11106

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well the tank has been up for about a year...wow time flies.....
it is doing great and i am thinking of changing from 2 part to a calcium reactor as i am dosing just over 150ml every day and i think as the corals grow that will become too much, any input?

we also added a barn to the property and the wife and daughter started adding horses ect so things keep progress

IMG_0719.jpg IMG_0687.jpg IMG_0726.jpg IMG_0724.jpg

TK_KW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well the tank has been up for about a year...wow time flies.....
it is doing great and i am thinking of changing from 2 part to a calcium reactor as i am dosing just over 150ml every day and i think as the corals grow that will become too much, any input?

we also added a barn to the property and the wife and daughter started adding horses ect so things keep progress

IMG_0719.jpg IMG_0687.jpg IMG_0726.jpg IMG_0724.jpg
dang, I want a ranch too lol. Beautiful property

Oberst Hajj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
had no real problems with anything and that includes algae as it have a bit in the initial cycle but even that was minimal and i attribute that to the planning and foresight to have the right equipment and automation in place like the ATO and auto water change using the DOS to change 3 gal per day.

Since you live out in the country and have a septic system, how/where do you dump your old salt water from your AWC setup? I picked up a DOS to do this same thing, but am not sure what to do with the waste water. I don't want to plumb it to my septic system and I'm concerned about salt buildup in a single area if I just run the waste line to a location in the "yard". I'd only be doing about 6~8 gallons a week right now (60g cube), but I have plans for a 300G or 350g in wall in a couple of years.

Any details you can give me on this part of your AWC system would be great.

Thanks,

Keith

OP
OP
scott11106

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you live out in the country and have a septic system, how/where do you dump your old salt water from your AWC setup? I picked up a DOS to do this same thing, but am not sure what to do with the waste water. I don't want to plumb it to my septic system and I'm concerned about salt buildup in a single area if I just run the waste line to a location in the "yard". I'd only be doing about 6~8 gallons a week right now (60g cube), but I have plans for a 300G or 350g in wall in a couple of years.

Any details you can give me on this part of your AWC system would be great.

Thanks,

Keith
i have it plumbed into my septic. it has been up and running for over a year now and no problems so far...i had to pump my septic one time but it was because my family was putting grease down the kitchen sink but while it was open i looked inside to see if there was any residue from the salt water and saw nothing bad

JakeSpeed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing set up, I just found this thread and read the entire thing. Two questions, First -how's the refuguim doing? My 90 Gal is 5 months old and the Kessil H380 is turning Cheto brown and white and can't get it to grow. Second -what ATO are you using?

OP
OP
scott11106

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing set up, I just found this thread and read the entire thing. Two questions, First -how's the refuguim doing? My 90 Gal is 5 months old and the Kessil H380 is turning Cheto brown and white and can't get it to grow. Second -what ATO are you using?
i had alot of trouble getting chaeto to grow so i actually abandoned it and got a algae scrubber that worked great, now that the tank is over a year old i have sea lettuce growing fast and just two weeks ago took the algae scrubber offline. i think my tank just did not have enough food to grow but everything seems great now...
I use apex ATO with a full Apex setup and so far so great as everything is going to plan.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back