New house! now time to resurrect my custom 189g....pic heavy

Asonitez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a model or link to how the house will look when completed? My wife and I have been looking at opportunites to sell our house and buy else-where or just buy else-where for seasonal living. I'm not architect but from the diagrams you have shown it looks like it will be an amazing palace !

as for your tank build being in florida you should do a covered outdoor saltwater pond :) or Build a nice outdoor concrete runway frag tank in a green house lol!

OP
OP
litenyaup

litenyaup

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a model or link to how the house will look when completed? My wife and I have been looking at opportunites to sell our house and buy else-where or just buy else-where for seasonal living. I'm not architect but from the diagrams you have shown it looks like it will be an amazing palace !

as for your tank build being in florida you should do a covered outdoor saltwater pond :) or Build a nice outdoor concrete runway frag tank in a green house lol!

So the floor plan came from my wife and I. We went to an architect and started with a floor plan that we liked but then completely changed it lol. After building our previous home we kinda knew what to do and what not to do. I knew what I wanted and needed for my fish room and went from there. I want to say the plans cost us around $1800 and that is completely certified and stamped so all we needed to do was find a builder. The builder we found wanted $106/sqft of under air space I.e. living, and $65/sqft of under truss space I.e. porches. Me having a construction background was also able to use the companies i previously worked for as subs. Getting the “family” price from them saved us a great deal of money in the long run. Knowing how to do a lot of the work myself also is a great money saver. We ended up purchasing 2.5 acres and so far have only cleared about half to get the house going. After it’s done we will finish the clearing and i will erect my barn, fence in the property, and get the livestock we plan on raising. This is going to be our forever home and we want it done right and how we want it period. I can provide pictures of the exterior renderings if that what your looking for, but as far as completed pictures of this exact home, this is a custom one off house straight from the deep dark depths of my crazy brain.

Doing any kind of outdoor ponds are sketchy. The wildlife is the biggest issue. We may dig a pond later in the future but it will not be salt water. A small frag tank inside plumbed with the display is all I need lol.

Block will be delivered Friday and next week the building begins!!

60c9990f395d0c0498c2ae27373c0454.jpg

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm excited for you guys! It's nice to see a dream house come to life.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 33 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 27 27.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back