New IceCap Pro Series Plug-and-Play Algae Turf Scrubbers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Bruce Burnett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone share their experience with these? I'm not able to find very many reviews. Appreciate it!
Simple to use and clean. Seen people say they don't think it has enough light. It takes about 3 weeks to start growing algae on screen. You need to roughen up the screen. I clean mine about every two weeks give or take a few days. I can pull screen from unit, clean screen and reassemble in less than 10 minutes. Being in the sump if you have room is is better than those that sit above it. It is quiet to operate.

Jwal56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Simple to use and clean. Seen people say they don't think it has enough light. It takes about 3 weeks to start growing algae on screen. You need to roughen up the screen. I clean mine about every two weeks give or take a few days. I can pull screen from unit, clean screen and reassemble in less than 10 minutes. Being in the sump if you have room is is better than those that sit above it. It is quiet to operate.
Thanks!

Jmj3783

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how tall is it is raised as high as it will go? What is the "ideal" sump water level for this scrubber (small)? Thanks!

MarkSC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had mine for about 3 weeks in a relatively new tank. Starting to get algae growth. However, my issue is the optimal height. The instructions say above the sump power off water line. Problem with that is that the waterfall, even at a low setting, is very loud and leads to lots of messy salt spray all over the sump. Does anyone keep one a little lower? If it could be above the normal water line but below the power off high water line I think that would solve the problem. Earlier posts said this is ok, but want to confirm with long term users.

Bruce Burnett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had mine for about 3 weeks in a relatively new tank. Starting to get algae growth. However, my issue is the optimal height. The instructions say above the sump power off water line. Problem with that is that the waterfall, even at a low setting, is very loud and leads to lots of messy salt spray all over the sump. Does anyone keep one a little lower? If it could be above the normal water line but below the power off high water line I think that would solve the problem. Earlier posts said this is ok, but want to confirm with long term users.
The top must be above max water height. The water exit is at water level while operating. The top of mine is higher than top of sump. The instructions are misleading.

MarkSC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, that’s a relief. Thanks. Also, I noticed that they have a new version with the pump mounted to the side via flex hose so the height is lower.

nOfeeR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The top must be above max water height. The water exit is at water level while operating. The top of mine is higher than top of sump. The instructions are misleading.
Thank you - this is helpful to know. I unboxed mine today and, like others, was very confused by the instructions on proper height adjustment. In fact, mine didn’t even come with instructions or even a link/QR code to the online instructions. The online instructions need to be updated to spell this out a bit more clearly. A short YouTube video would be even better, but I didn’t see that either.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 78 86.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back