New IceCap Pro Series Plug-and-Play Algae Turf Scrubbers

RWinfrey

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Wow glad you have yours! Mine is being messed up by fedex. It says thats its in arizona since sunday and is still there. When i called they said they dont have it. I live in nevada btw so i cant go there to pick it up.

Well let me know how you like yours. Hopefully it keeps the nutrients down.
Did you get your scrubber

JrlGravity

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Did you get your scrubber
Yes i did. 3 weeks in and already scrubbing.

IMG_20211018_224158_435.jpg

OP
AquariumSpecialty

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Seams I have had an algae setback on mine on the 3rd week my screen almost cleared out and no algae growing on it. I have been running 24/7 on lights should I back that down?
We run our refugium lights when the display lights are off. This also help with pH swings.

Chris Spaulding

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
We run our refugium lights when the display lights are off. This also help with pH swings.
Usually yes but through some reading people said to run Scrubbier lights 24/7 to jump start then dial back.once algae is established.

Ribo15

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I was a victim of an early gen icecap turf scrubber and it had many problems and was not user friendly. I will be curious to hear back in a few months and see how the build quality on these is holding up. I’m hoping they are a big improvement from the over sump generation.

Chris Spaulding

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I was a victim of an early gen icecap turf scrubber and it had many problems and was not user friendly. I will be curious to hear back in a few months and see how the build quality on these is holding up. I’m hoping they are a big improvement from the over sump generation.
So far mine is running great. I have the Pro Medium. It is IN my sump in about 10 inches of water. It is quiet no loud sounds of the water falling down. Removing the screen is easy and just as easy to put it back.No added heat from the lighting and no light spill. So far fo me it is a winner.

las

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
So far mine is running great. I have the Pro Medium. It is IN my sump in about 10 inches of water. It is quiet no loud sounds of the water falling down. Removing the screen is easy and just as easy to put it back.No added heat from the lighting and no light spill. So far fo me it is a winner.
This is one of my main concerns. Im running a seahorse/gorgonian tank and i keep my water temp at 72 degrees. So, you are getting no increase in system temperature from this scrubber?

And is 10" water height the highest you can go on this? I am confused why you couldnt put it on a stand if neccessary and have a sump with deeper water level.

What do you use?

• Gfo

Votes: 23 6.7%
  • Carbon

Votes: 127 37.1%
  • Carbon & GFO

Votes: 112 32.7%
  • Water changes

Votes: 232 67.8%
LA