New IceCap Pro Series Plug-and-Play Algae Turf Scrubbers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

RWinfrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No there should be an o ring to seal it

RWinfrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are everyone’s scrubbers rolling

Sheebs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. Following up on this thread. I’ve ordered the small unit and it should be here this week. For those of you who do have one already, what height should the water come up to on the unit? It’s tough to see exactly form earlier posts. If someone could post a picture of the correct height of the unit in the water I would really appreciate it!

Zoacoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if its been mentioned already. On the pipe that holds the screen where the water comes from. Im wondering is there little holes drilled in the pipe or is it a slit where the water comes out of?

Phlynamjax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got mine but it is leaking. The end isn't sealed. Am I missing a piece or is this end cap supposed to be glued in?
20211120_125600.jpg
Did you fix the issue? Mine is leaking on the other side with O-Ring

TroyClark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks really intriguing. Can you buy one without the pump. I would want to run it off my manifold instead of a stand alone pump.

Thanks

RWinfrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks really intriguing. Can you buy one without the pump. I would want to run it off my manifold instead of a stand alone pump.

Thanks
No it comes as a plug and play unit

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else have updates on these units? They have been out of stock forever and I was able to snag one this week at the various vendors. Surprisingly few reviews of the unit given how long it has been in the marketplace. Hoping I made a good choice to clean up my GHA issue in my fuge.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else have updates on these units? They have been out of stock forever and I was able to snag one this week at the various vendors. Surprisingly few reviews of the unit given how long it has been in the marketplace. Hoping I made a good choice to clean up my GHA issue in my fuge.
I just received my ice cap about an hour ago and am trying to put this into my sump. I can tell you there are two design flaws in this that are going to be a problem for me and I am debating returning.

1. You are supposed to have the bottom of the skimmer ABOVE the power failure water line. The problem I have with this is that the stand is not tall enough for my lowest level fuge compartment so I will have to prop it up on some sort of block. Not only do i have to prop it up on a block but when I prop it up...it is difficult to remove the scrubber component for cleaning. I think the issue here is that the scubber should have been wider but shorter with taller legs.
    1. What is even worse...what if there is some sort of fuge water level increase (ATO goes on too much, etc)...not a lot of room for error.
  2. Assuming I can get past point 1, the next issue is that the downspout to the pump is too short. I have to go to the hardware store and extend the pump to a level that is below the water line as it is sucking in some air making it a little loud.
  3. the return water back into the sump is pretty loud even being close to the waterline.
Overall..my initial reactions are disappointment. HOpefully this is just a bad initial impression. will update this after I get it going.

Last edited:

RWinfrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received my ice cap about an hour ago and am trying to put this into my sump. I can tell you there are two design flaws in this that are going to be a problem for me and I am debating returning.

1. You are supposed to have the bottom of the skimmer ABOVE the power failure water line. The problem I have with this is that the stand is not tall enough for my lowest level fuge compartment so I will have to prop it up on some sort of block. Not only do i have to prop it up on a block but when I prop it up...it is difficult to remove the scrubber component for cleaning. I think the issue here is that the scubber should have been wider but shorter with taller legs.
    1. What is even worse...what if there is some sort of fuge water level increase (ATO goes on too much, etc)...not a lot of room for error.
  2. Assuming I can get past point 1, the next issue is that the downspout to the pump is too short. I have to go to the hardware store and extend the pump to a level that is below the water line as it is sucking in some air making it a little loud.
  3. the return water back into the sump is pretty loud even being close to the waterline.
Overall..my initial reactions are disappointment. HOpefully this is just a bad initial impression. will update this after I get it going.

You are mistaken it can sit below the water line . The pump has a built in baffle so it sucks from the lowest level . The panels are ip 68 rated . And are enclosed from the main box as a safety.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are mistaken it can sit below the water line . The pump has a built in baffle so it sucks from the lowest level . The panels are ip 68 rated . And are enclosed from the main box as a safety.
ahhh...thank you for the clarification. I was reading their online and they said nothing about it and no one from coral vue returned my inquiry. They actually said to keep it above the power failure water line.

ahhh...then great..i can drop this a little lower and make it lots quieter!! I will ammend my statement once I see how it works out!

Thank you so much!!

RWinfrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If u look at the panels they are even siliconed at the connection. But I would sink it and check that there is no water in the led (dry ) space . Long term water will wreck the panels . Salt water can kill anything

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Man of my word..i listened to peeps, figured out that it was an ID-10-T error and have changed my mind on the scrubber. Whisper silent, is awesome!! I loves it!!

Bruce Burnett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If u look at the panels they are even siliconed at the connection. But I would sink it and check that there is no water in the led (dry ) space . Long term water will wreck the panels . Salt water can kill anything
I know this is an old post but coral view instructions still say keep bottom of box above max level in sump if power failure. I would hope lights are sealed well enough. When direct feeding many shut off return pump. If they are really IP68 they should handle a few inches of water for some time. Not like they will be submerged over a meter. I just purchased a small for my 100 gallon tank. Still not a lot of reviews out there Thanks

Last edited:

RWinfrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are in a they have there own area it’s a dry space. Optimally it would be a the sump level and the leds are ip68 . That said if there is water in the dry space I wouldn’t let it sit in the continually saltwater can breakdown anything overtime .

Bruce Burnett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are in a they have there own area it’s a dry space. Optimally it would be a the sump level and the leds are ip68 . That said if there is water in the dry space I wouldn’t let it sit in the continually saltwater can breakdow itn anything overtime .
As long as dry space is water tight it should handle return pump off. I would never want the dry area filled with water or any portion keep under water full time. Just recieved it. I am going to rough up screen ad I feel they do better job.

Jwal56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These bad boys are already moving and we just listed them on the site less than 24 hrs ago and they were also featured on the AquaNerd blog.

2269416-5c4a0fc232e8ab9bc4fee0fa74b42b7d.jpg
Can anyone share their experience with these? I'm not able to find very many reviews. Appreciate it!

Back