Status
Not open for further replies.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And you will be new forever. I don't mind though. Ignorance truly is bliss isn't it?

I love people that dog pile. It's almost like they have nothing to contribute but are afraid of getting called out.

are you familiar with the dunning-kruger effect?

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you familiar with the dunning-kruger effect?
Ok, let's see a nice current pic of your tank. Perhaps in the next few minutes. I'll wait.

Maybe you seem to have missed my tank. Also you seem to have missed the part where I said that I haven't have problems with ich in 20 years.

I have been doing this for 38 years. I have owned an aquarium store, I have actually lived on the reef. But yah I overestimate my understanding, because I can't seem to get it through my head that when I started this forum is the length of time that I have been in the hobby.

But dog pile away my friend, it's quite the look for you, and yah heuristics are most often quoted by the people that suffer from them.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, let's see a nice current pic of your tank. Perhaps in the next few minutes. I'll wait.

Maybe you seem to have missed my tank. Also you seem to have missed the part where I said that I haven't have problems with ich in 20 years.

I have been doing this for 38 years. I have owned an aquarium store, I have actually lived on the reef. But yah I overestimate my understanding, because I can't seem to get it through my head that when I started this forum is the length of time that I have been in the hobby.

But dog pile away my friend, it's quite the look for you, and yah heuristics are most often quoted by the people that suffer from them.

i have a build thread, maybe in the next 38 years you can figure out how to click on it?

IMG_0808.JPG

that is a pic of my old tank. my first saltwater tank actually :)

i didn't say anything about when you joined the forum and linking that to how long you've been reefing. i'm sure people are capable of understanding that you don't necessarily join r2r the day you join the hobby.

your claims are ridiculous and not backed by any form of science of basic understanding that i'm aware of. feel free to link a peer reviewed paper backing them up, though. i'm all ears.

and no, the one you linked earlier that was about coral bleaching and acidification is not going to suffice since that has literally nothing to do with ich.

George81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’ve driven drunk more times than I can count in 38 years. I’ve never hit anyone or been in accident. Therefore driving drunk is ok.
see how stupid that sounds?
how do we use this ignore

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a build thread, maybe in the next 38 years you can figure out how to click on it?

IMG_0808.JPG

that is a pic of my old tank. my first saltwater tank actually :)

i didn't say anything about when you joined the forum and linking that to how long you've been reefing. i'm sure people are capable of understanding that you don't necessarily join r2r the day you join the hobby.

your claims are ridiculous and not backed by any form of science of basic understanding that i'm aware of. feel free to link a peer reviewed paper backing them up, though. i'm all ears.

and no, the one you linked earlier that was about coral bleaching and acidification is not going to suffice since that has literally nothing to do with ich.
Sad you transferred your tank and lost everything. I do feel bad about that but, perhaps experience would have taught you how to do it properly.

I have beautiful pics of old tanks too. Set up perfectly for the pictures. I have learned a long time ago anyone can take a picture of a tank when it is doing well. Shockingly no one seems to want to take pics when things are not doing well.

You didn't say directly that I have only been in the hobby as long as my tag, but I can think of no other reason why you would think that I am so stupid other than that maybe you can enlighten me.

Ahhh yes my claims aren't backed by any authority. It seems a long time ago I read an article from a prominent expert at the time about how micro bubbles cause I embolisms. I don't put a lot of stock in them. If I can reproduce them then cool, but mostly reality is the real test, and most authors are only there to enlarge their epeens vs. actually presenting any helpful facts. Arguments from authority are a fools errand.

And on that, I find it really sad that I am having this ridiculous argument with you and you don't even know that your lack of experience is causing the pain you suffer. Hey, keeping pointing and laughing at what you don't understand I am sure this is working well for you in IRL.

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You click on his name, then click the ignore button. Done.
Ohhh now you ignore me ... ooopsie I guess that asking for a current tank pic was over the line.

You know in your pictures you seem like you might be a nice guy. Why be so uncool online. I don't get it.

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve driven drunk more times than I can count in 38 years. I’ve never hit anyone or been in accident. Therefore driving drunk is ok.
see how stupid that sounds?
how do we use this ignore
Wow so many people with their egos wrapped up in this.
Only one person so far has asked for me to outline my solution, but many many have attacked me with the crowd to prove ... ?????

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

Looks like we are way off topic to help the OP. We should also try to tone down our responses. Anything other than addressing the OP original question about the product should be better left for a later discussion.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad you transferred your tank and lost everything. I do feel bad about that but, perhaps experience would have taught you how to do it properly.

I have beautiful pics of old tanks too. Set up perfectly for the pictures. I have learned a long time ago anyone can take a picture of a tank when it is doing well. Shockingly no one seems to want to take pics when things are not doing well.

You didn't say directly that I have only been in the hobby as long as my tag, but I can think of no other reason why you would think that I am so stupid other than that maybe you can enlighten me.

Ahhh yes my claims aren't backed by any authority. It seems a long time ago I read an article from a prominent expert at the time about how micro bubbles cause I embolisms. I don't put a lot of stock in them. If I can reproduce them then cool, but mostly reality is the real test, and most authors are only there to enlarge their epeens vs. actually presenting any helpful facts. Arguments from authority are a fools errand.

And on that, I find it really sad that I am having this ridiculous argument with you and you don't even know that your lack of experience is causing the pain you suffer. Hey, keeping pointing and laughing at what you don't understand I am sure this is working well for you in IRL.

i'm not currently suffering any fish issues, despite the salinity spike my fish don't have ich so they're mostly good to go. the corals on the other hand.. and now i have new tank uglies going on, any tips on how to avoid that?

experience would've taught me to not trust my milwaukee refractometer? i guess, seems more like a really unfortunate time for a refractometer to go bad and give false readings, but i guess that's on me.

it's not necessarily that i think you're stupid, it's that you think you're on some kind of pedestal that you placed yourself on. we have no evidence whatsoever that you're worthy of the praise you give yourself.

i've seen 3 pics from you:

1 is a low quality photo from 10+ feet away. we can't tell what the heck is going on in the tank other than there is one that exists
2 is a picture of some indoor plants. cool?
3 finally a picture of some zoas and a stylo and maybe a porites? not exactly the hardest corals in the world.. and no photos of the fat and healthy fish that you have which definitely don't have ich. of course even if you did have photos of your fish that don't have ich would not mean a lot

people do or do not QT their fish for a variety of reasons. you're clearly one that does not and that's fine, you do you. this thread isn't about QTing or not. before you sidetracked the heck out of it, it was about a guy that wanted reviews on a product. i haven't used said product so i didn't comment. you also haven't used it, or at least i assume you haven't, yet here we are.

Difrano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this thread is going nowhere , because one person doesn't share the other doesn't mean that you need to offend the other, there are 1000s of posts about QT vs no QT why this has to become another one when the OP is asking about a product.

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m just trying to figure out why this thread has continued and the constant insults allowed (from both sides). The OP asked that this page be shut down 2 pages back but here we are. While it very well may be true that oxygen saturation could be the answer it just isn’t what the OP was asking for here.
#MODS

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm not currently suffering any fish issues, despite the salinity spike my fish don't have ich so they're mostly good to go. the corals on the other hand.. and now i have new tank uglies going on, any tips on how to avoid that?
You used all dead rock. That in my experience doesn't work well. When I had my store I had bought it from someone and they had this system that was a hundred years old (sic). I used to cure my live rock in it it was amazing. That we were selling for 5 bucks a pound was even more crazy ode to the days when real live rock was a thing. I would suggest getting some good live rock from a place like Live Rock and Reef. My rock is from there it is good. Pull off the obvious dead stuff and cure it. If you need tips on what a real cure is let me know I really do want to help.

experience would've taught me to not trust my milwaukee refractometer? i guess, seems more like a really unfortunate time for a refractometer to go bad and give false readings, but i guess that's on me.
That wasn't what I was referring to but that is important lesson for sure. Always watch for signs of trouble and never truly believe the tests. They can often times be fatally wrong. I try not to get to reliant on them. I will never forget when I cooked my fish because I trusted the heater to not fail open, I mean you would think that the manufacturer would ensure this basic thing. Now I use the Apex for this AND I have a hand held temperature probe and even then I watch to make sure. I have become very adept over the years at spotting problems and that is because I have made the same mistakes as you. I am not unlike you in that.

it's not necessarily that i think you're stupid, it's that you think you're on some kind of pedestal that you placed yourself on. we have no evidence whatsoever that you're worthy of the praise you give yourself.
Put yourself in my shoes. Think if you had as many years experience as I have (even if you don't believe it). How would you respond to posts? For me it is just a fish tank. I love the coral and I want to grow them and it has taken me places that are weird and crazy. If I told you about those you would sure to assume that I need to be committed. Suffice it to say that I don't use a Calcium Reactor nor do I dose. But at the end of the day it is just a fish tank and no one really cares what yours looks like unless they are trying to berate you or be better than you.

people do or do not QT their fish for a variety of reasons. you're clearly one that does not and that's fine, you do you. this thread isn't about QTing or not. before you sidetracked the heck out of it, it was about a guy that wanted reviews on a product. i haven't used said product so i didn't comment. you also haven't used it, or at least i assume you haven't, yet here we are.
Indeed, but I often post on threads where people are dosing and point out very serious caveats about dosing and I don't dose and when I did I did it for a short time and when it almost crashed my tank I thought long and hard about what was happening and why. I don't have to have done something directly to infer the outcomes and point out those possible outcomes. Plus I observe a lot of these threads and I unlike many others I want to see what happens in the long run, and I have seen that. BTW I have tried many of the ich medications, so no not just this one, but really it is a thinking and not a product that drives people use medications.

I am not your enemy but if you attack me out of the gate and you ridicule me then I am. I have always found that asking questions when you doubt someone is a way better way of approaching something you disagree with, plus it helps flesh out how much they really know, and who knows maybe you can learn something tangential. :)

OP
OP
pdxmonkeyboy

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure what is being said..because ignore, but i have the siking suspicion this is appropriate.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello friends. While we want to be able to allow as much debate as possible to continue we feel like some discussions degrade to a point that it is no longer in the best interest of the forum or participants to allow it to continue. That being said we’re going to pause this one and we hope you understand. Have a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back