New Idea - Consolidated Version of Build Threads on R2R Linked To The Full Build Threads

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great idea. The Anderson family concrete reef comes to mind and a few others with hundreds or over a thousand pages of posts. How many pages is Paul B’s tank birthday thread at now lol? Pretty intimidating reading though all of those pages trying to find the info sprinkled throughout.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great idea. The Anderson family concrete reef comes to mind and a few others with hundreds or over a thousand pages of posts. How many pages is Paul B’s tank birthday thread at now lol? Pretty intimidating reading though all of those pages trying to find the info sprinkled throughout.
I was just going to mention the Anderson family 5k.

OP
OP
PeterC99

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what's the plan?

1) Setting up a zoom call for us to introduce ourselves & discuss idea. (Will send out message asking for your contact details and availability)

2) Developing a PowerPoint to layout goals & objectives

3) Design Session zoom call to brainstorm

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
After reading this I have thought of some ideas that may be easy to implement from a backend standpoint.
All my ideas depend on enabling a filter on build threads that would selectively only show certain existing posts.
The filter could start with just one but others could be enabled. Some filters that may be worthwhile for existing build threads are below:

1) Show only posts by the author of the thread
2) Allow the author to tag posts that would then be visible if the reader enables this filter
3) A filter for just posts with images
4)

OP
OP
PeterC99

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The database collected from these Consolidated Build Threads would contain great data for Reefers.

For instance, if you were setting up a 120g aquarium, you could lookup the other Reefers on R2R that have 120g setups and see what size skimmers, heaters, lights, return pumps, UV lights, etc.

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this idea. I have searched for something on here, gotten to people building threads with similar issues, and tried to sift through all the posts. Something it is easy, but other times there is too much information. Being about to have one place where you could post this was my problem; this was my solution, and maybe somehow show it was on pages 7-9 of the build thread, so if you wanted to get into the nitty-gritty of it, you could read the whole thing, but if the overview is all your interested in then you're all set.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 74 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 68 34.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back