New IM 20g Nuvo pro2 set up with Carib sea figi pink Arag-Alive

Premium

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, guys I'm new here and already have a question. I was in the hobby 20 years ago and so much has changed. I've purchased a IM 20g Nuvo pro 2 tank and getting ready for it to arrive (super excited) I'm planning on doing a fishless cycle to get started and purchased Brightwell's Microbacter Dry Rock Bacteria starter kit. However, the instructions say it's not recommended to use it with live sand. The sand I've purchased is CaribSea Arag-Alive Fiji Pink. The question I have is should I use the Microbacter starter kit with this sand? Unfortunately, I've already purchased both items and looking for feedback as to what to do. Also, I live in Tampa FL was told Reef2Reef had clubs I can't seem to find that info. Interested to find some local clubs in my area to socialize with and talk about Reefing

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
API master Reef and Amonia test kit standing by. But am looking into the Hanna checker line as they seem pretty straight forward and easy to read
Good call. I started with API years ago. They work but having numbers certainly helps if one is consistent.

Upvote 0

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome
great advice above
so many ways to get it right !
31A9535E-6EE2-4E6C-902E-FF73DE94284E.jpeg

Upvote 0

ScubaShane

MENTAL REEF DISORDER!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I would recommend putting the sand in a bucket and rince it out so as not to cloud your water and then at that point the sand is half live because some of the bacteria rinced out or died off. Then add the MicroBacter. It will seed both the rock and sand. Give it two weeks to fully cycle.

Upvote 0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back