New IM Fusion 20 AIO Saltwater tank.

mattdumitrescu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey pretty new to R2R and I'm looking forward to sharing the progress of my build.

After many years of owning freshwater tanks, I decided to dip my feet into the saltwater side of things. The tank I purchased was the starter kit for the IM fusion 20 AIO from BRS. This tank is what got me interested in trying saltwater because it came with everything I needed. Had a couple of issues with BRS on the order but we got it figured out very quickly and the customer service was great, highly recommend shopping from there. Here is everything that came with the kit as well as the extras I bought.

• Nuvo Fusion 20 PRO Gallon Glass AIO Aquarium
  • Innovative Marine Mighty Jet Return Pump
  • Innovative Marine Desktop Filter Sock
  • Innovative Marine Desktop Custom Caddy
  • 20lbs Reef Saver Dry Live Rock
  • 20lb CaribSea Arag-Alive Special Grade Sand
  • Tunze Nano Care Magnet
  • Finnex HMA-S 50W Heater
  • 2oz Dr.Tim's One & Only Nitrifying Bacteria
  • HW MarineMix Salt (makes up to 160 gallons)
  • BulkReefSupply Refractometer
  • Sicce Voyager Nano Powerhead (530 GPH)
  • Hikari Marine S Fish Food
  • Innovative Marine MicroMag Glass Cleaner
What I bought
  • AI Prime HD light and mount.
  • Red Sea Marine test kit
  • Microbacter clean and Mitrobacter 7(wanna test these out to see if they will help)
Overall satisfied with everything that came the kit but I'm looking to upgrade the pump and powerhead down the line.

Right now I'm on the second week since it was put together and it been around 1 week since it's been cycled but ill recap all the weeks for the first month and hopefully do monthly updates after that.

Week 1
20200804_204532.jpg

For the first week, I got everything put together added water then put Dr. Tims One and Only. A couple of days later I added a pair of snowflake clownfish. The fish did well and didn't show any signs of stress so I'm happy about that. The only thing I was concerned about was that they would constantly swim up and down the glass but after I googled a bit I found it was pretty normal for them to do that in a new tank. Overall nothing that concerns me.

Week 2

This week I got my test kit and I started to test my water with it and to be honest not a fan of the color matching test kits but it is what it is. The ammonia test was a bit hard to read but the main consensus from my family was that it read closest to zero. The nitrite and nitrate test were easier to read and the results for that was 0 nitrite and for nitrate, it was just between 2 and 5(closer to 2). These results looked good to me so I ordered a purple firefish and some beginner corals(random pack from wwc so hopefully it's good). The fish is supposed to come in a couple of weeks and the corals are coming on the 11th so ill update with pictures as things arrive. One thing I noticed was white dots forming on the acrylic in the back of the tank, is this a good sign? Clownfish have settled down and seem to have made home by a sea shell that came with my sand.

Strawberry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread but how’s the tank doing? I’m currently setting up an IM nuvo 20 as well :smiling-face:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back