nycfreshreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone , I did a thread search and couldn’t find the answer to this question specifically for the im nuvo 40

I am new to marine tanks (15 years experience in freshwater off and on) but this is my first saltwater tank. I am setting up this IM Nuvo 40 and I am wondering what I should put , or what you guys use in the caddy , right now I just have sponges and nothing else. I just mixed the salt (neomarine) over the past 2 days and filled the tank (salinity showing as 1.026 on Milwaukee digital refrac)

I have the pump running , heater on 79 and a wave maker on medium

I currently have live rocks and live sand in the tank

wondering what I should put in the caddy part of the filter ? The other side has a sock , also have a UV & Skimmer I will be putting in very soon

I plan on going with live coral and fish , probably will start off with some zoanthid , polythoa & some LPS later on (not really sure about sps but will research) any recommendations on what corals to start with would also be greatly appreciated (looking for colorful)

the light is an AI

any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated, I will post on here from time to time and give updates on the build progress

thank you in advance I am happy to be a new member on here and eager to learn a lot from you guys

F7D36ECC-8F65-46D5-9472-A8349D78A952.jpeg

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back