New Imaging Technique Could Help to Correct ‘Inaccurate’ Coral Photos

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Taking photos while diving with the artifacts of water color and turbidity makes underwater photography one of the most challenging tasks. Often times you either have to bring your own daylight flashlights underwater, and or correct the ‘white balance’ while editing the images topside. There’s a similar although more artificial problem in the reef aquarium hobby […]
Source

Continue reading...

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great idea but I doubt most vendors will use it since it would mean increasing the size of the photo of their frags almost by double and causing a site redesign. Plus I think it's possible to change the catd things balance etc with Photoshop

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dive and I take photos. Strobes, shooting RAW and using Lightroom works really well.

kapnkush608

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great idea but I doubt most vendors will use it since it would mean increasing the size of the photo of their frags almost by double and causing a site redesign. Plus I think it's possible to change the catd things balance etc with Photoshop
Even if the image bloats you can use lossless compression and correct image size. If the image is only 250px square in the frontend then the file should be resized to 250px square. Using a large image and displaying it as a small image is not best practice as well as you receiving a ding on your SEO scores.

kapnkush608

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Programs like jpeg mini, Photoshop and Lightroom can all help. PS and Lr have save for web settings and jpeg mini losslessly compresses images as well as giving you the option to set a Max width or height.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back