New in South Carolina

CarlH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New in a lot of ways...
New to this forum and new to reef aquariums.
Kept fresh water tanks for about 10 years, largest being a 55 gallon. And then I converted to saltwater for about two years before shutting everything down. I had a few fish, a shrimp, and a brittle star. Loved the brittle star! Everything was done with hang-on-the-back equipment.
Anyway, that was 25 years ago and a lot has changed since then.
I just bought a Red Sea XL 300 that's going in my wife's new office that is in the process of being remodeled and prepared for the tank.
The good thing is, my wife is behind this 100% as long as she gets to help pick out stuff to go in the tank. I get to do all the other stuff. lol
I'm located in an area where any LFS is about 1 hour and 45 minutes away in any direction. I've leaned on one of the semi-LFS to help me pick out the equipment to start with, so as to at least be able to develop a relationship with them.
My ultimate goal is to have a tank with corals and a few fish and invertebrates. I know I can't be in a rush, so I'm not. lol
I'm really looking forward to hanging out here and learning a lot. I'll probably start a build thread so I can document my progress (and mistakes)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
welcome33.gif

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 31 17.3%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 27 15.1%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 93 52.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.7%
Back