[ new & in stock ] The IceCap Battery Backup v2.0 ⚡

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Will there be an adapter for the Wave Engine?
You can use this battery backup with the HYDROS WaveEngine. However, it's important to note that this new 24V model is not going to trigger Lower Power mode in the WaveEngine which will reduce the intensity of the pump to extend the battery life. We are going to release a new 12V battery that will be a better option for the WE. But either will work!

Just ordered mine - was looking at getting a small generator for emergencies but this will work when I am not even home. Great!
Love it! Thank you so much for your support! ;Happy

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
Will this work with the IM Mightyjet?
This would certainly fix a lot of stress for me!
I can't say for certain as we have not tried it. I reached out to Innovative Marine to ask what they thought. They told me that the Mighty Jet is a 24V pump and that "yes, you can put it on battery backup." So will it work for certain? I can't say. But it sounds like it would to me and it apparently sounds like it would to them.

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks! Any idea how long it would run a Varios 2 at 40% ?
I don't know the answer to that. I am trying to persuade the team to run tests on a few popular pumps to provide folks some estimates, but our calendar is pretty stacked in Q1 so I'm not sure if it'll happen any time soon, if at all.

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
I wonder if the battery backup booster Ecotech sells for the Vectra would work with the ice cap battery backup boosting it to 36V .......
Thank you for saying that. That is why I threw in the "probably." I didn't want to close the door completely because truthfully I don't know for certain that it won't work.

TheHarold

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Yes, it's a 24V pump so it should work just fine.
Hey Jeff

The Ecotech battery backup, and the port tha accepts battery backup on a Vortech, is 12v. Although I see where you got your 24v from (primary power) , I am not confident you can use a 24v battery connected to the backup port.

(Unless you have something explicit from Ecotech that says it’s acceptable. )

Edit;

im stupid, I see how this works now

Last edited:

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hey Jeff

The Ecotech battery backup, and the port tha accepts battery backup on a Vortech, is 12v. Although I see where you got your 24v from (primary power) , I am not confident you can use a 24v battery connected to the backup port.

(Unless you have something explicit from Ecotech that says it’s acceptable. )

Harry
I believe the icecap 24v cable goes into the primary power port on the ecotech controller. Thats why it runs on full speed...

TheHarold

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I believe the icecap 24v cable goes into the primary power port on the ecotech controller. Thats why it runs on full speed...
But you already have the primary power cable there. Another cable cannot fit.

Or are you suggesting to unplug primary power, and plug in the IceCap battery when power goes out? Only working when you are home kind of defeats the purpose of a backup (to me).

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
But you already have the primary power cable there. Another cable cannot fit.

Or are you suggesting to unplug primary power, and put that when power goes out? Only working when you are home kind of defeats the purpose of a backup (to me).
Look at the pictures. You plug the ecotech supply into the battery and an included wire from the battery to the ecotech main power input. You also plug a power supply into the battery for its own charging. Under normal power it passes the electricity through to the pump. When power goes out the battery takes over...

TheHarold

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Look at the pictures. You plug the ecotech supply into the battery and an included wire from the battery to the ecotech main power input. You also plug a power supply into the battery for its own charging. Under normal power it passes the electricity through to the pump. When power goes out the battery takes over...
Oh lol, my bad, I see how this works now. Crossed out my post o_O

Is your current reef tank the BEST reef aquarium you've ever had?

• Yes

Votes: 148 70.5%
  • No

Votes: 44 21.0%
  • It's a tie

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 13 6.2%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors