NEW Innovative Marine Fusion Pro 2 is here!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Innovative Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Introducing
The Fusion Pro 2

With added features, the Pro 2 model will allow you to customize your water level height and flow direction.

In our video below, Omar explains and showcases the new features that will come with the Fusion Pro 2

www.innovative-marine.com

nozzle.png
hightide 2.png

Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions!
[email protected]
866-368-7941

AirNairb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The water risers are a great addition to the tank! Are you planning on selling those separately for existing tank owners? Would love to get a set.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you changed the AIO sump design to eliminate the “crawlspace” from the pump chamber beneath the adjacent two chambers on either side? This ends up being a detritus trap as well as an ideal hiding spot for anything that makes its way into the sump.

jeffthomas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered a NUVO Fusion Pro 2 10 directly from you. Having owned multiple NUVO tanks over the years, I really like the upgrades and refinements you've done. Definitely on the higher end for a 10 gallon AIO, but actually a very good overall value considering all the quality stuff you include with it. Looking forward to receiving and getting it setup ASAP.

Coral Kai

Coral Kai Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Introducing
The Fusion Pro 2

With added features, the Pro 2 model will allow you to customize your water level height and flow direction.

In our video below, Omar explains and showcases the new features that will come with the Fusion Pro 2

www.innovative-marine.com

nozzle.png
hightide 2.png

Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions!
[email protected]
866-368-7941

are the tanks sold on BRS the 1st version or the 2nd version? I am guessing V1

Sshannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you changed the AIO sump design to eliminate the “crawlspace” from the pump chamber beneath the adjacent two chambers on either side? This ends up being a detritus trap as well as an ideal hiding spot for anything that makes its way into the sump.
Yes, please answer this question.

zuri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as someone who got the Version 1 of the new Pro 3 months ago get your product done the first time real shame I missed out

jDoSe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, please answer this question.
It still has the crawlspace. I don’t know if it’s the exact same, but it looks to be.

Also, someone else asked, the overflow slots are apparently different, so you can’t use the level risers on the old version. It is a bit odd they didn’t just raise the water level 1/2” when they redid the back wall. The level risers seem unnecessary. I don’t think people wanted a bunch of different water heights, they just wanted to not have to explain to guests why the water level is so ridiculously low.

Sshannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It still has the crawlspace. I don’t know if it’s the exact same, but it looks to be.

Also, someone else asked, the overflow slots are apparently different, so you can’t use the level risers on the old version. It is a bit odd they didn’t just raise the water level 1/2” when they redid the back wall. The level risers seem unnecessary. I don’t think people wanted a bunch of different water heights, they just wanted to not have to explain to guests why the water level is so ridiculously low.
Why the crawlspace, I wonder...It seems...dumb?

jDoSe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why the crawlspace, I wonder...It seems...dumb?

So I had theories, but most aren’t very good:
1) With the crawlspace, you get a full uninterrupted line of silicone across the bottom of the whole pane. Without the crawlspace, the two inside vertical dividers would go all the way down, and there would be less silicone at those intersecting points. Possible points of failure they were trying to avoid after the original nuvo curved glass fiascos.
However, the silicone in the bottom, could just snake around on both sides of those two panes, which I would assume would be enough, or they could make a little notch at the intersecting points to allow the full line of silicone on the back, plus the snaking around those two panes so…
2) Something in their manufacturing process makes it so it is not possible to go all the way down. Something like one part of the assembly line completed the whole outer tank, which then gets sent to another fabricator, which adds the overflow. Instead of cutting up the nice silicone at the edge, they just make the crawlspace.
3) It adds some sort of rigidity to the tank. I’m not quite sure how, since they put a glass pane directly behind the acrylic wall (which is very nice by the way and not all manufacturers do).
4) It allows more volume in the pump chamber. Not sure why this would matter, as the pump intake would go dry at essentially the same point.
5) It allows the media chambers on different height tanks to be roughly the same height, so you can interchange their media baskets, skimmers, and media reactors between similar volume tanks with varying heights. They have to manufacture a lot fewer parts, which reduces costs for them (and us). For example, the nuvoskim sits on rubber feet and is not attached to the tank. This is a decent reason, but i’m not sure it’s true as some tank measurements are missing from the manuals.

I’ve thought about this a lot lol, but couldn’t come up with a really good reason. I think only IM knows.

jDoSe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the reason why (it increases water volume in the back of the sump), but when things go into the sump that crawlspace ends up being a death trap.
Is this really it?
It just tries to buy you a very small amount of time before the rear chamber goes dry and waterflow stops?
On most tanks like the 10, 20, and 25, not only is this volume too small to make a difference, but the pump intake is too high to even use the added volume at all. This seems like a massive waste at the expense of having this crawlspace.

Unless this crawlspace is just carried over from when the intakes drew from the very bottom in the olden days.

wonroc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got mine and its up and running. The pit in the rear chamber is obviously there for circulation. If you have the return pump facing the correct way it will pull the water over the top overflow down and under into the trap and back through the return pipes. Theirs no way that area is a stagnant location.
Love the tank.
20211106_070602.jpg

This pic u can see the intended flow direction.
Screenshot_20211106-110631_Chrome.jpg

Sshannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's still a stagnant zone? There is only one way to access that space, making it a confined area.

Sshannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water flows from one area to another. Without a way to displace pressure from one area to another, that zone beneath the baffle is deadlocked and stagnant. Additionally, you will have a dead spot on the other side (the left side in this case) of the pump that has no suction.

wonroc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other side of the pump is the wall of the tank. Who would face the return at the wall. Their is a constant flow in that chamber and its probably the strongest flow area in the tank.

Sshannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flow does not exist in a vacuum, though. There is no influx of water to the pump from the dead stagnant/zone. It's a pocket of stagnation...

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 62 79.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.1%
Back