New Innovative Marine Nuvo INT Lagoon are Here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Will W

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my 150 in. Great looking tank. Even better customer service.

F8F8FE9F-FEAF-4A8C-A2D4-6C16E9B79328.jpeg

7A7DD81A-B304-445F-9039-2DA142CBDEA5.jpeg

3CD7B327-8B18-4F24-9E46-5D9DEFD26AE8.jpeg
Does the overflow go across the whole back like an All-In-One?

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna sell my reefer xl425 for that 150 INT... that thing is crazy hot!!! Hahahaha

cbb_70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna sell my reefer xl425 for that 150 INT... that thing is crazy hot!!! Hahahaha
It's a nice tank but I don't like that reinforced glass they have around the top. I know it's there for structural support but it would look much nicer as a true rimless.

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a nice tank but I don't like that reinforced glass they have around the top. I know it's there for structural support but it would look much nicer as a true rimless.
IMO the quality is better than the Red Sea's tanks and stands. Not to mention you can customize the IM. With RS you have to conform to their proprietary plumbing which seems to be very questionable since there are several post of the RS plumbing sheering in half and leaky bulkheads.

Also any tank can fail. Keep in mind I know from experience since Red Sea sent me 3 650 peninsula tanks where the seams had failed.

cbb_70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO the quality is better than the Red Sea's tanks and stands. Not to mention you can customize the IM. With RS you have to conform to their proprietary plumbing which seems to be very questionable since there are several post of the RS plumbing sheering in half and leaky bulkheads.

Also any tank can fail. Keep in mind I know from experience since Red Sea sent me 3 650 peninsula tanks were the seams had failed.
I'm trying to decide between the INT 75 or 100. I'm working out my budget. If I get the 100 I'll have to get an extra light which can push up the price significantly or I can be patient and just save up a little longer. This will be my first rimless tank besides a small nano. My large aquarium previously was an ugly Aqueon 125 with a black rim. Ugly thing... Lol

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to decide between the INT 75 or 100. I'm working out my budget. If I get the 100 I'll have to get an extra light which can push up the price significantly or I can be patient and just save up a little longer. This will be my first rimless tank besides a small nano. My large aquarium previously was an ugly Aqueon 125 with a black rim. Ugly thing... Lol
I wanted the INT 150 but do to the lack of space and additional equipment such as lights and pumps I stuck with the INT 112. Not to mention I liked the cube dimensions I had looked at the 75 but figured it would not be enough in the long run and there was only a couple hundred dollars difference in price. By far the IM EXT and INTs are priced very nice compared to Red Sea and Waterbox. Not to mention most retailers have 10-15% off the MSRP often.

Last edited:

Cuong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DO IT!!!!! I have a Max 650 and reefer 250 at work. Really great tanks. The reefer 250 has had its problems though. I too have suffered the leaky bulkheads. The reason for going away from rimless was that they were too weak on the sides. I could physically push on the glass and see it move about a 1/4". I'm planning an sps tank with this 150int, so I kinda want the extra strength for hardcore waves. The Max650 is of much better build quality in all honesty than either of these tanks, but the dimension on this 150 trumps anything red sea offers. I still can't stand the doors on the APS stand though. They are super narrow, and thats coming from a 5'8" 155lb asian guy, who are already known to fit in tight places.

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's known as "euro-bracing" Used to be very popular in the hobby before rimless became all the rage. The MAIN reason I'm considering this tank over others is BECAUSE of the eurobracing. It's not just structural, it's also great for helping to reduce maintenance issues. Rimless tanks are a PITA to clean because water splashes over the sides when running a magnet. Not a problem with eurobracing.

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another bonus is the screen that comes with the IM tanks. They're better than the Red Sea screen kits and fit nicely.

cbb_70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's known as "euro-bracing" Used to be very popular in the hobby before rimless became all the rage. The MAIN reason I'm considering this tank over others is BECAUSE of the eurobracing. It's not just structural, it's also great for helping to reduce maintenance issues. Rimless tanks are a PITA to clean because water splashes over the sides when running a magnet. Not a problem with eurobracing.
I appreciate you sharing your view on this topic. Makes me think about it differently.

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the ease of maintenance from splashing water when using a magnet. Not to mention it seems to help with keeping snails in the tank which rimless tanks with no lids seem to have the occasional escape artist. The Euro bracing is nice and even with the IM tanks edges. Makes for easy cleaning the top. Other builders such as SCA recess the eurobrace about a half an inch or more. Which can be a pain to clean around the silicone edges. They seem to trap more dust/salt spray, etc....

Cuong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got it because of the euro-bracing too. Traded an Elos 120xl out for it in fact. The elos was a great tank, and the stand was built like a tank, but the "solidity" of the sides worried me over the long term. The euro-brace just feels right. Sometimes they get a little dirty on the underside of that glass. Thankfully all you gotta do is put a magnet cleaner to that, just like you would to your other glass sides, and clean away. It also provides a nice place to store you magnet cleaner as well. Just hang them upside down on the brace and tuck it towards the back...Oh, and the splashing....

Cuong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally think the screen leaves a lot to be desired. Then again, Im kinda spoiled having a clearview lid for my each of my Red Sea tanks. Thinking about trying the new fusion TopLids this time around tho

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally think the screen leaves a lot to be desired. Then again, Im kinda spoiled having a clearview lid for my each of my Red Sea tanks. Thinking about trying the new fusion TopLids this time around tho
Custom lids are nice. I have one on my Peninsula 650. I was just stating that the stock IM lid is better quality than the Red Sea kits and is already assembled.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Build quality on these (larger) tanks, at least the seams, look very nice in person. If I was doing a non-custom route with a dimension that was available, I wouldn't hesitate with these IM releases.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two custom tanks, one with eurobracing and one without. Esp if you run a lid I think the eurobracing looks just as good, and in some cases even better than the rimless tank I have. I have never had issues with water spilling over the top when doing maintenance in the rimless though. I have a couple other standard rimless tanks would pick the higher strength of eurobraced if it was an option for those.

zack801

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Cuong do you have to fit the sump through the back of the stand or do the sides open as well?

bckey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the 112 through the front. The sides are are closed and the back has 2 supports in the way. I think some remove the inserts in the sides for a more open look. If you do that then you could put it through the sides. The sump I got just barely fits.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back