New installation of Reefer 250 and the overflow on top is extremely noisy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Westside Guy

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diito what was said before, you have to adjust it so that the waterline just barely touches the emergency (middle) drain pipe - or about 1/2 inch from it. This will quite all the gurgling. However, if you go too far and it flows down the emergency pipe, it will be noisy again. So it has to right in between.

I think it is fixed as all I can hear is the water in the sump. The runoff on top is very quiet! :)

I think that the culprit was that the valve was stuck half way and wouldn’t go completely clockwise.

NoobReeefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
completely clockwise will close the valve completely which won't let any water drain down into the sump

OP
OP
Westside Guy

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha...no worries dude. it sounds like you got it dialed in...no more noice right?

Right now the water lever is a fraction above the middle tube and it is pretty quiet. Do you think I should go any lower?

By the way, you were a lifesaver and your help was greatly appreciated!!!

NoobReeefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if its not dead silent then you can do better, but if your okay with the little noise then id call it good.

NoobReeefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you turn the dial on the valve just a tiny bit to the left and i mean a tiny bit then you should be perfect....to complicate things even a little more you could be right in-between the return pump settings.
for example on my tank i can run the return pump (varios8) on its highest setting (5) but i have to open the valve up more so it don't go over the backup overflow but the valve is way more touchy.
if i run the return pump at 4 i gotta close the valve more so it don't gurgle down the main overflow but the valve has more lead way for adjustments.
i run it on 5 so i don't have to close the valve as much and in my head it seems like its easier on the pump when you can let it run more freely

OP
OP
Westside Guy

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you turn the dial on the valve just a tiny bit to the left and i mean a tiny bit then you should be perfect....to complicate things even a little more you could be right in-between the return pump settings.
for example on my tank i can run the return pump (varios8) on its highest setting (5) but i have to open the valve up more so it don't go over the backup overflow but the valve is way more touchy.
if i run the return pump at 4 i gotta close the valve more so it don't gurgle down the main overflow but the valve has more lead way for adjustments.
i run it on 5 so i don't have to close the valve as much and in my head it seems like its easier on the pump when you can let it run more freely

I just increased the power on the Vector S1 to about 50% and made a slight counter clockwise adjustment to the valve. It is deep quiet!!! :)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back