OP
OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow, the tank looks awesome! So clean, and all the corals look great and colorful!

Lol, it took me 2 weeks to mount my corals, seems like its a fun task, but I guess not!
Def fun if you do a little at a time or stay on top of it haha. Just stressful but nice when it’s done!

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been putting today off for what feels like forever and felt like I’ve been working on it today forever!
Kept adding to my collection without mounting anything. Changed quite a bit, I’m down to just a Zoa frag rack! Well 2, made some frags to trade magicians and white zombies! Got about 8, need to do more but too much going on. I’ve got the par meter but need to let things settle, going to turn down a little is my plan. Threw one rock away and a few dying corals from the back. Not sure if I’m happy with it, will def be adjusting and seeing how poorly I did gluing things down lol. I’m hoping I don’t wake up to everything face down in the sand.
After moving I did a 10g water changes and cleaned everything up. I’ve got a new torch, hammer, and acro so I tried to leave space…I dunno. Decided to keep my nicer mushrooms in here for now, don’t want to chance them in the 15g.
Also-while doing all this I started to hear a funny noise, one of my new return lines was actively coming off the fitting above the water level and spraying water. Thank god I was home but ugh I didn’t need to do that in the middle of this. Kinda scary, that would have been catastrophic. I had not touched that part of the tank at all. Anyway bullet dodged for now :upside-down-face: :eek:
Here’s a pic dump, some still pretty irritated but time will tell!
IMG_4958.jpeg
IMG_4955.jpeg
IMG_4953.jpeg
IMG_4951.jpeg
IMG_4950.jpeg
IMG_4949.jpeg
IMG_4948.jpeg
IMG_4947.jpeg
IMG_4946.jpeg
IMG_4945.jpeg
IMG_4944.jpeg
IMG_4943.jpeg

Lastly, my new spot for the fuge seems to be working way better! I started with about a 1/4 of this a few weeks ago. I split in half today and throwing this portion away.
IMG_4941.jpeg
WOWW! Tank is absolutely stunning Ralquist! Love all the colors :star-struck:

OP
OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful tank. I enjoy the colorful nature. I'm mostly into full spectrum with softies now, but every once in awhile I see a tank like yours and miss my old bluer more neon colored pre-crash tank
Thank you! I did move all but one of my leathers to a new build but still running the super blues there as well.. I do love the full spectrum look with the softies, on day I may change. I have gotten some guff about not having my yellow fiji in full spectrum haha!

Last edited:

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I did move all but one of my leathers to a new build but still running the super blues there as well.. I do love the full spectrum look with the softies, on day I may change. I have gotten some guff about not having my yellow fiji not in full spectrum haha!
It's definitely a beautiful look. I have to fight turf/hair algae a lot more under full spectrum brighter whites than I did bluer lights, but overall I prefer the look enough to deal with it and get better growth on the softies. The anemones would be prettier for sure with more blues though. My mani minis and btas are more muted than the ones you see in bluer tanks.

OP
OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This little pistol has been rearranging my sand bed after the change up. Hasn’t hurt anything yet so I’m just gunna let him do his thing but got a rare glimpse of him! I’m pretty sure it’s a tiger and had it about a year. This is the extent of seeing it lol
IMG_5100.jpeg

OP
OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not much of an update
I was a bit concerned about the amount of food I fed each nem last night. I’m still learning about these guys but seem to be doing well. Just don’t want them to starve!
This freebie is turning into a stunner, still in the box but have left the lid off as it seems to like being right at the surface hanging out, still deciding what to do with it.
IMG_5128.jpeg
IMG_5129.jpeg

Sorry for the dirty glass!

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much of an update
I was a bit concerned about the amount of food I fed each nem last night. I’m still learning about these guys but seem to be doing well. Just don’t want them to starve!
This freebie is turning into a stunner, still in the box but have left the lid off as it seems to like being right at the surface hanging out, still deciding what to do with it.
IMG_5128.jpeg
IMG_5129.jpeg

Sorry for the dirty glass!
That nem has really made loads of progress for the better! Obviously you know what you are doing, because both your nems are stunning!

Also, whatever coral you have in the bottom left of the picture is unreal. So beautiful!

OP
OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That nem has really made loads of progress for the better! Obviously you know what you are doing, because both your nems are stunning!

Also, whatever coral you have in the bottom left of the picture is unreal. So beautiful!
Thank you!
That’s some find of rainbow chalice, it’s been moved around quite a bit but has been slower to grow than other chalice I have had.
Aug 2023
IMG_5133.png

Now
IMG_5132.jpeg

OP
OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
LPS is doing good also since the move, might try and move a bit this weekend to give some more room, pretty cramped. Might put a mag mount back in for the torches. I have one more torch coming with some more sticks Tuesday and a hammer but unknown when that will show up.
IMG_5135.jpeg
IMG_5137.jpeg

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LPS is doing good also since the move, might try and move a bit this weekend to give some more room, pretty cramped. Might put a mag mount back in for the torches. I have one more torch coming with some more sticks Tuesday and a hammer but unknown when that will show up.
IMG_5135.jpeg
IMG_5137.jpeg
:star-struck: :star-struck: :star-struck: :star-struck: :star-struck: :star-struck: :star-struck: :star-struck: :star-struck:

OP
OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
New light installed! Think I’m going to look into getting a celling mount/cable system. Seems like a lot of weight on the glass, it doesn’t fit at a perfect 90 and angles back slightly. Not really happy with that part but light looks good. Par meter used to get in the ballpark, will play around for a few days to see the options and different schedules. Right off the bat goodbye shading, so much more coverage!
IMG_5263.jpeg

Also before I changed I snagged a flow off tank down shot! Love this angle!
IMG_5262.jpeg

Still need some work today but losing steam…

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New light installed! Think I’m going to look into getting a celling mount/cable system. Seems like a lot of weight on the glass, it doesn’t fit at a perfect 90 and angles back slightly. Not really happy with that part but light looks good. Par meter used to get in the ballpark, will play around for a few days to see the options and different schedules. Right off the bat goodbye shading, so much more coverage!
IMG_5263.jpeg

Also before I changed I snagged a flow off tank down shot! Love this angle!
IMG_5262.jpeg

Still need some work today but losing steam…
The new light looks awesome! I don't see any shading at all! Oh, and did I mention that your tank is stunning?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back