New jbj and new to saltwatet

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I'm new to salt water I've watched the brs series and just picked up a jbj aio with all equipment. Ato mp10 radion 15pro hydor skimmer media baskets and reactor oh and rodi. Anyone have suggestions on what else I would need to start like test kits or equipment. Thanks
Welcome— first thing about reefing is buying the best equipment first. Yes it costs a lot!! But it will likely end up saving you money vs buying lesser products multiple times! Here’s some test equipment I use - Milwaukee aquarium tester (salinity, make sure you get the aquarium one), Hana alkalinity, ultra low phosphate, calcium testers. I also do ICP testing about every 3 months. I’m semi-colorblind and have a really hard time distinguishIng test kit colors so a digital read out is godsend for me.

Last edited:

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I'm new to salt water I've watched the brs series and just picked up a jbj aio with all equipment. Ato mp10 radion 15pro hydor skimmer media baskets and reactor oh and rodi. Anyone have suggestions on what else I would need to start like test kits or equipment. Thanks
Ecotech Marine is basically the best hardware on the market in my opinion so you’re off to a great start.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
welcome35.jpg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef @Seasonalzebra48! You may want to check out this R2R article to help you get started:

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. Ive found Redsea and Salifert test kits easiest to use and read.
I'd stear clear of api for Nitrates. Super hard to get accurate results with test tubes constantly leaking and if you dont get test perfectly right.
Anyhow happy reefing:)

lelandmarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back