For more info, visit www.njreefers.org

Mark_C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that picture is amazing

We do a 'pic of the month' and the winner gets a cash prize in their Paypal :) .

hey NJ Reefers. does this club ever meet?

Every month (or at least 11 of 12 months a year)
We try to break them up a bit, a few in north, a few central, a few south.
Meets are member sponsored. Food is brought by many and/or supplied by host. Craft beers abound. Frag trades, equipment swaps, and frag raffles are the norm, as is great convo.
Last month was in Toms River at a member's home with a 10' tank and a home built wood sump.
October meet is to be announced.
I recently did the July summer party in Brick with sponsers (Red Sea, IM, etc), frag raffles (which we do at almost every meet), swaps (every meet), and a flea market which involved tables out and everyone putting items on them for sale, which I'm hoping to do every year.
Each year we also have a member throw a big winter bash, this year its still to be announced.
We hosted a huge frag swap last year in Trenton and are hoping to work out another in the spring.
We're also very active with trades and give away items to each other and also have a for sale section (this may be part of the paid member's section (a whopping $12 per year)).
Oh, and we're all super chill. No running amok barking orders, just help if you can and enjoy. Want to just show up to meets and parties, thats cool too.

Jerzyray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We do a 'pic of the month' and the winner gets a cash prize in their Paypal :) .

Every month (or at least 11 of 12 months a year)
We try to break them up a bit, a few in north, a few central, a few south.
Meets are member sponsored. Food is brought by many and/or supplied by host. Craft beers abound. Frag trades, equipment swaps, and frag raffles are the norm, as is great convo.
Last month was in Toms River at a member's home with a 10' tank and a home built wood sump.
October meet is to be announced.
I recently did the July summer party in Brick with sponsers (Red Sea, IM, etc), frag raffles (which we do at almost every meet), swaps (every meet), and a flea market which involved tables out and everyone putting items on them for sale, which I'm hoping to do every year.
Each year we also have a member throw a big winter bash, this year its still to be announced.
We hosted a huge frag swap last year in Trenton and are hoping to work out another in the spring.
We're also very active with trades and give away items to each other and also have a for sale section (this may be part of the paid member's section (a whopping $12 per year)).
Oh, and we're all super chill. No running amok barking orders, just help if you can and enjoy. Want to just show up to meets and parties, thats cool too.
that sound great, I did join NJRC on our forum. I'd very much like to gom to some of these meet ups. i have some very nice sps in my tank and i take care of my tank every day. thanks

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
From Monmouth county.
15 years of freshwater still have a 800 gallon pond and a 55 gallon planted.
3 years of getting my feet wet in salt.
Also keep geckos and this past year was my first of bee keeping.

OP
OP
trio91

trio91

NJRC (New Jersey Reefers Club)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
From Monmouth county.
15 years of freshwater still have a 800 gallon pond and a 55 gallon planted.
3 years of getting my feet wet in salt.
Also keep geckos and this past year was my first of bee keeping.
welcome bud, any pix of that beast?

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome bud, any pix of that beast?

Saddly got a new phone since summer, tried last looking through my posts on aquarium advice to see what i had there, i gave up after 15 minutes of scrolling lol.
6e4aad37e1ad20b166834200be2f2e24.jpg
planted 55 gallon
Pond will have to wait, just looks like a hole with a bridge and snow lol. Its just goldfish now lost my koi to a herron 4 years ago and just couldn’t see spending that much on live stock again living with a wetland behind my house. Second time that has happened regardless of net and motion activated scarecrow connected to hose.
3f0d0fbf73148f88ee98280a09d0bd23.jpg
99db2fa6ccdd1c297ebfb4a5a39fa0c6.jpg
my tiny 20g salt water, forgive the lighting in the process of being upgraded to ai primes. Tank will be upgraded to a 45 gallon cube with 3 ai primes sometime this winter.

Only started adding corals this summer so all frags still pretty small. 1 purple fire fish, 1 ocellaris clown(the female managed to jump through egg crate) :(.

Some red bands, scarlets, blue legs, and ceriths.

2 pocilopora
1 pavona
1 frogspawn
1 palythoa colony
1 corky sea finger
1 acropora valida

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back