New KH Director and wake up to it not working

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

wyster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received my new KH director and set it up yesterday was working ok then this morning, nothing works and this is the status of the doser.

any ideas ?

OP
OP
W

wyster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Lasse , i have re-done all the wiring again this morning to make sure nothing was loose as that was my first thought, Top GHL light is flashing red constantly now to, cannot manual dose nothing, will have to send a support ticket, must say a little dissatisfied, brand new and you know the cost of them so would expect some decent qa/qc which largely is a good piece if kit all round.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have the combined 24 V DC power source and is the director working properly? If it is a stand alone Doser 2.1 - are your ethernet RJ45 in the right port? - not in any PAB port. Just to be sure - and of own experience:D

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
W

wyster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have the combined 24 V DC power source and is the director working properly?

Sincerely Lasse

Yes have the combined lead that came with it, The status light in the Director is blue so based on that i can assume its ok.

OP
OP
W

wyster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So managed to get it ti stop flickering but now the 4 red lights on manual dose are static red and no light on the top lighting the ghl symbol

OP
OP
W

wyster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any chance of water damage?
I hope not i only received it yesterday,although the box looked like it had been opened and inside was a bag for profilux touch which i never purchased, took almost 6 weeks to receive it as well so not thinking this will be a fast fix, KH Director seems fine

OP
OP
W

wyster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like it was returned and possibly resold to u.
Seems more and more like it, worst case is i cannot do anything about it as seems like GHL do not answer support tickets on a weekend.
Will update it once I know whats going on

OP
OP
W

wyster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA, Not sure if you can reach out to your european counterparts, Even the shop I bought it from have not received any answers from the distrbutor, I have even tried to phone to no avail.
At the moment all I have is an expensive paperweight.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA, Not sure if you can reach out to your european counterparts, Even the shop I bought it from have not received any answers from the distrbutor, I have even tried to phone to no avail.
At the moment all I have is an expensive paperweight.
Ticket number?
I will reach out to them.

OP
OP
W

wyster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ticket number?
I will reach out to them.

Ticket #3534 They came back to me yesterday with the standard delay tactic, I provided the info straight away and now radio silence again.
The great thing about Europe is we have good laws to protect us against things like this, Will be a week on Saturday that the problem existed and zero support so far, Had more support from non GHL employees than GHL themselves, very dissapointed.
I really like your gear but the support has to improve.

Last edited:

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back