NEW KILLER watch at your OWN DISCRETION

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good enough then. I didn't want to read about it later and not have mentioned what I thought I might have seen.
My Valmingii tang bit me yesterday as i was lowering the feeding cup. It startled me and I jumped and the tang went into hiding for a few minutes. I am glad it wasn't your eel!
Beautiful fish.
Eel Lol GIF by MOODMAN

OP
OP
The Salty Reefer

The Salty Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good enough then. I didn't want to read about it later and not have mentioned what I thought I might have seen.
My Valmingii tang bit me yesterday as i was lowering the feeding cup. It startled me and I jumped and the tang went into hiding for a few minutes. I am glad it wasn't your eel!
Beautiful fish.
Eel Lol GIF by MOODMAN
yeah all good :)
we used to breed snakes so im used to getting hit by some nasty buggers, but that Tessalata might be another level, think I will keep away from the sharp end of him

Salt Addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah all good :)
we used to breed snakes so im used to getting hit by some nasty buggers, but that Tessalata might be another level, think I will keep away from the sharp end of him
As a fellow reptile enthusiast, I can honestly say I'd rather be tagged by a Green Tree or Retic than a full grown Tessalata. :eek:

If this is your first eel enjoy, they are like having a dog in an aquarium. Just be sure to feed prior to moving things around in tank as they are not the best sight wise. And wash your hands first if you have been handling their food or anything that may smell like food. :cool:

OP
OP
The Salty Reefer

The Salty Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a fellow reptile enthusiast, I can honestly say I'd rather be tagged by a Green Tree or Retic than a full grown Tessalata. :eek:

If this is your first eel enjoy, they are like having a dog in an aquarium. Just be sure to feed prior to moving things around in tank as they are not the best sight wise. And wash your hands first if you have been handling their food or anything that may smell like food. :cool:
i would say with my 45yrs plus in the aquatic industry and many many animals much nastier than these little pussycats, I have that covered, I hand feed most times, and not particularly worried as I am very attentive to their needs all fingers and toes still accounted for ;)

Salt Addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would say with my 45yrs plus in the aquatic industry and many many animals much nastier than these little pussycats, I have that covered, I hand feed most times, and not particularly worried as I am very attentive to their needs all fingers and toes still accounted for ;)
I honestly would have to say after 27 years into the hobby the one I would fear actually belongs to FW, The Goliath Tiger (Hydrocynus goliath). That thing has a terrible attitude and teeth to match it. I think a snowflake though is kinda like the duck of the moray world mouth wise. :p

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back