New kuiters (male) and chaoti leopard wrasses

Confuse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your loss. Mine made it three weeks in QT when it suddenly dropped dead. I was a day shy of moving it into my display, but I never made it that far. They're very sensitive. I take solace in that LA refunds your money, but losing fish always sucks.

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh bummer man, that fish looked good and healthy from your pic. Take a break and try again in a few months.

If I try again, it will be awhile. Pretty devastated. I don't "lose" often with tough fish. I'm pretty determined and dedicated. That said, accepting defeat trumps killing more of these beautiful fish

vedros74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't beat yourself up to bad. Normally I have excellent luck with fish but it looks like my second vroliks wrasse from live aquaria is about to die and it's in a qaurantine tank with no meds in it yet with a black leopard that is doing excellent and it's supposed to be the more sensitive fish. I'm starting to suspect who ever is supplying the vroliks is mishandling them. Of course it doesn't help that ups is delivering them

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't beat yourself up to bad. Normally I have excellent luck with fish but it looks like my second vroliks wrasse from live aquaria is about to die and it's in a qaurantine tank with no meds in it yet with a black leopard that is doing excellent and it's supposed to be the more sensitive fish. I'm starting to suspect who ever is supplying the vroliks is mishandling them. Of course it doesn't help that ups is delivering them

Honestly I lost my last two melanarus, two Christmas, and red lined wrasses from LA. Meanwhile I have choati leopards and several others thriving like you said that are supposed to be much more difficult. (11 leopards total)

vedros74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm baffled. I don't even want to try another one. It's got to be something with the collection practices on certain fish

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm baffled. I don't even want to try another one. It's got to be something with the collection practices on certain fish
Could be. Strange I agree

For what it's worth two of the three vroliks I ordered survived from them but this was 6 months ago

vedros74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure but they never really ate or swam around good. I'm sure UPSs delivery practices don't help when you see big arrows that say up live tropical fish and you still carry it sideways

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So do you still have that Choat's Leopard Wrasse?
Nope he survived 6 months before suddenly dying. Pretty standard stuff unfortunately.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Choats not worth the time and effort IME. I'm a capable fish keeper, yet both of my efforts ended in failure. Most other leopards are much more forgiving (though I also have trouble with the black).

Jon Warner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Y
Choats not worth the time and effort IME. I'm a capable fish keeper, yet both of my efforts ended in failure. Most other leopards are much more forgiving (though I also have trouble with the black).

Yes, shouldn't be collected... It belongs in the "don't bother" file.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back