New Lawnmoweer Blenny - QT / Food / Copper

joe-ejs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I purchased a LawnMower Blenny this weekend and is currently in my QT. I have quarantined all my fish in the past. I typically do 30 days of Copper and then (2) 7 day periods of Prazi Pro. Will my plan harm him?

Also, what about feeding while in QT? I have a automatic pellet feeder on the tank I normally feed, and I can also feed frozen food.

In others experience, will he eat Pellets or frozen food while in QT?

Thanks

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on the blenny. Some are incredibly picky and some are not. I feed ocean nutrition prime reef flakes and hikaria seaweed extreme which my blenny would gladly eat (as well as anything else lol)

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try to find one that eats at the store. My last lawnmower didn't eat prepared foods for about 6 months. Then lived several years in my display.

melonheadorion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
generally, it has taken the couple of lawnmower blennys that ive had, a few days to start eating. the most recent one is a starry blenny, and only took him like a day. the first one, didnt touch any food for a week. the second one took maybe 3 days. eventually, once they started taking food, its anything. anythign from pellets, seaweed sheets, flakes, frozen, in addition to what they eat from the glass or rock. i particularly choose frozen mysis for frozen food. it seems that they tend to go for that more than other mixes, for me at least

w8lifts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lawnmower loves algae chips, to the point he wasn’t looking after his perch so now he is on the hunt because I took his chips away lol, I’ll give them back when he does his tank duties.

OP
OP
J

joe-ejs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about quarantine in Copper for 30 days and then PraziPro? Is there any concern following my standard QT meds process?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back