New lawnmower blenny not eating and lethargic in QT

Bullnose

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about nori or other prepared veggie foods? Does he take anything you put in the tank or is his diet 100% film algae?

100% self sustained. will not touch nori, mysis, or emerald entree. is there nothing else in your DT you can try? How about your heater?

OP
OP
Dodgersfan

Dodgersfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100% self sustained. will not touch nori, mysis, or emerald entree. is there nothing else in your DT you can try? How about your heater?

I don't have a replacement heater... i do have the hose on the venturi of the skimmer i could switch out, also a magnetic food defroster that i think has a good bit of film algae on it. that's a good idea though, i may try the feeder ring next transfer.

after I'm done with it can i just scrub with vinegar water and let air dry for 48 hours and pop it back in the DT or should i wait longer to make sure it doesn't bring anything back with it? i wish i had planned better, i have some spare dry rock i could've cycled in a bucket and put in the sump for a few weeks to grow some algae on it.

OP
OP
Dodgersfan

Dodgersfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a multi pack of frozen food with 4 different kinds plus a pack of mysis, so 5 total foods to try, going to try feeding here in a minute. One of my chalk bass is acting a little funny, he’s got himself backed into a corner and has his fins clamped a little and his tail fin curled around a little. Is that a posture consistent with intestinal parasites? No sugns of any white spots on anyone... I was going to start Prazi either tonight or on Saturday. Should I go ahead and get it going tonight or is it going to suppress the blennys appetite further?
DA212843-1709-4B87-85D3-C0A95C9DDDB7.jpeg
E945B375-655C-4093-B8C9-691C3ECADC2B.jpeg

OP
OP
Dodgersfan

Dodgersfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fed mysis and emerald entree tonight and no response. I had to reach in and pick up the pipe he was in, and he didn’t swim out of it right away, he just hung out in there while I moved the pipe around. After a little wiggle I got him out. He sat out in the open for a minute, plenty of food floated by him but he ignored it. After about 2 minutes he went back in the corner behind the pvc where it’s dark, I think it’s safe to say he’s light sensitive. Still no spots on him, I was able to get these pics. I’m going to start Prazi tonight and after tomorrow nights transfer I’ll move something with film algae in it from the DT.

A-A-ron11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently picked up a very skinny lawnmower blenny who was unsurprisingly a very picky eater. I tried some common foods with garlic added (nori, formula 1, mysis, brine, 2 different kinds of carnivore pellet food) but had no luck. He was interested in trying out the brine shrimp but would never actually ingest any. After 2 days of trying this stuff, he has a full belly and is perking up. Thanks for the advice!
When I got mine like 2 years ago(same guy who survived flukes, velvet, etc) he wouldn't touch anything. I suggested it to the OP, but this is what got my guy going..
2156931-center-1.jpeg

After introducing these he started accepting EVERYTHING. I still feed him these in qt because I love watching his dance. He STILL completely loses it when I grab the bag

Cast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently picked up a very skinny lawnmower blenny who was unsurprisingly a very picky eater. I tried some common foods with garlic added (nori, formula 1, mysis, brine, 2 different kinds of carnivore pellet food) but had no luck. He was interested in trying out the brine shrimp but would never actually ingest any. After 2 days of trying this stuff, he has a full belly and is perking up. Thanks for the advice!
This food did you just toss it in the DT and hope for the best? I’m thinking about trying this but catching him and putting him in a small acclimation box and trying to get him to eat there

Back