new light and rearranging

cluanar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have had some chaeto and a purchased pack of pods in my refuge with a cheap grow light from amazon and although the chaeto isnt dying it is not growing and i cannot find any pods.

So I bought a new light kessil HS80 and pretty much emptied the refuge section by moving the green brittle to the intake chamber where some detritus was settling on the bottom and removed any sand at all i had in there and added 2 live rock pieces and a power head.

I set the light to grow mode and now i hope. Not getting much tumble but from what I read not that big of deal. I will buy more pods tomorrow.

Any input?

hs80.jpg

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have pods in your display? They will populate the fuge in time. There probably isn't a need to purchase more unless you are trying to keep a pod eating fish

OP
OP
C

cluanar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have pods in your display? They will populate the fuge in time. There probably isn't a need to purchase more unless you are trying to keep a pod eating fish
I bought some chaeto and pods at the same time a while back but I cant find any pods in refug or display. This time i got 3200+ pods and phytoplankton. Last time i Only bought 500 pods.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back