OP
OP
Peppe

Peppe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For your tank 48x24x24, you'll need 3 radions xr30 or 2 ap9x or ap700.

I have 48x24x20h. Tried with 2 xr30 and there's a lot of shadows. Also xr30 has too many color options. Kessil is simple settings. For me anyways.
with two kessil I will not have different shadows? what support light should i add?

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I have used both the G5 and the Stratons for SPS hands down the Stratons for coverage and zero fan noise. I replaced 5 G5 XR30’s with 4 Stratons over my 8’
I’m replacing 5 GNC Blueray Pros over my 300 after a month and I know you are familiar with those.

I edited my post as I’m familiar with @Peppe and I know T5/halides are out
I also have 4 stratons over 8’ 365G reef tank. I wanted to ask you how your LPS are reacting under your Stratons? I’ve noticed that my Euphyllias and Torches don’t fully extend if put directly under these lights, but do open fully if I put them under ledges where they get indirect lighting. I’m only running the stratons at 55% on the LPS setting and have them approximately 14” off the water line. This has been an on-going issue for the last year. Thoughts or comments?

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have 4 stratons over 8’ 365G reef tank. I wanted to ask you how your LPS are reacting under your Stratons? I’ve noticed that my Euphyllias and Torches don’t fully extend if put directly under these lights, but do open fully if I put them under ledges where they get indirect lighting. I’m only running the stratons at 55% on the LPS setting and have them approximately 14” off the water line. This has been an on-going issue for the last year. Thoughts or comments?

I had a similar issue under the Stratons when I first installed them with all of my LPS, but not after acclimated. I ran mine at 80% LPS/SPS with reds turned down a bit. I no longer run Stratons.

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar issue under the Stratons when I first installed them with all of my LPS, but not after acclimated. I ran mine at 80% LPS/SPS with reds turned down a bit. I no longer run Stratons.
Thank you for the feedback. So you ran the LPS/SPS presetting and the only color you modified was Red? How long did it take for your LPS to become acclimated - as I had mine on the SPS/LPS presetting for over 6 months with little change in polyp extension. Can I ask why you stopped using the Stratons and what you are now using?

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the feedback. So you ran the LPS/SPS presetting and the only color you modified was Red? How long did it take for your LPS to become acclimated - as I had mine on the SPS/LPS presetting for over 6 months with little change in polyp extension. Can I ask why you stopped using the Stratons and what you are now using?

Correct, It came down to mounting options over my new tank, I run Orphek Icons now.

E69EE30A-2E8C-4D60-901A-BD578AEE0AC2.jpeg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.6%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 78 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back