New lights will be available soon and a word of thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will soon carry the US version of the all black light fixtures on the site!

www.noopsycheusa.com

This has been requested several times and we worked to get them included in our product lineup.

I would also like to take this time to voice my appreciation to @Manose for all the work he has done behind the scenes on the website, MACNA preparations and being a great liaison between the US operations and Noopsyche corporate.

Without Matt, none of this would be possible. He has worked tirelessly to make sure things go smoothly for our transition to the new website and to make it easy for retailers to sign up to sell our products.

Thanks Matt!

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will soon carry the US version of the all black light fixtures on the site!

www.noopsycheusa.com

This has been requested several times and we worked to get them included in our product lineup.

I would also like to take this time to voice my appreciation to @Manose for all the work he has done behind the scenes on the website, MACNA preparations and being a great liaison between the US operations and Noopsyche corporate.

Without Matt, none of this would be possible. He has worked tirelessly to make sure things go smoothly for our transition to the new website and to make it easy for retailers to sign up to sell our products.

Thanks Matt!
Making me blush ;Happy It has been my pleasure to help you get this rolling, and working with you on some really wonderful new Ideas. I am excited about the new all black version of the K7 as it'll give people more choices according to what color them they want for their tank.

My son and I had the pleasure of watching @Manose and @dantimdad do some serious testing of these lights. These guys did not agree to support these lights without doing their homework! The results were impressive!
Katrina I expect to meet you and your son again sooner rather than later as I want you guys to come up and visit me and see my tank. It needs work right now but it is getting there.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Making me blush ;Happy It has been my pleasure to help you get this rolling, and working with you on some really wonderful new Ideas. I am excited about the new all black version of the K7 as it'll give people more choices according to what color them they want for their tank.

Katrina I expect to meet you and your son again sooner rather than later as I want you guys to come up and visit me and see my tank. It needs work right now but it is getting there.
Absolutely!!!

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My son and I had the pleasure of watching @Manose and @dantimdad do some serious testing of these lights. These guys did not agree to support these lights without doing their homework! The results were impressive!

You know we love ya Katrina!

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you're gathering information I'll chime in with my issues with it:
-The thing about it being essentially a plugged in corded remote due to it's very short battery life.
-The whole thing being very cheaply made with a super touchy dial that skips around numbers no matter how slow you go with it. I'm trying to go from 80 to 90 and it goes 81-23-99-87-82-83-84-95-85-86-87-88-89-90 drives me nuts
-Having no back button or menu/home button

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input @Bouncingsoul39

Have you seen the new instruction manual? I explains the back button feature of the dial. Just hold it down for a few seconds and it will go back.

As for the touchiness, I don't seem to have that issue with the two I have. I think we may need to look into this further.

And being plugged in isn't really an issue to me. I had to leave my kessil actually plugged into the lights which was way more inconvenient, but I can see where it could be concerned if you hadn't had to deal with something similar before.

Thanks again.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not at this time but we are working on the manufacturer to change this.

Given the price point of the light and the quality of the light produced and other features, we believe this makes up for not having an app.

There are much more expensive lights that don't do as good of a job that, until recently, did not have an app and some that still don't. This is not an excuse, it's just that we think that everyone should compare features, amount of PAR and spectrum between this light and others costing twice as much or more and see what a bargain it really is.

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the lights and find them very comparable to the competition. But I will say that the controller is an aggravation, so much that I just don’t use it. The scrolling to get what number you want makes me want to throw it through the wall. 90, 89, 7, 8, 56....

The lights are great, but I find myself thinking about going back to radions for the contrability and having profiles. It’s nice to be able to hit the acclimation button for new corals, or to adjust the lighting schedule. I don’t dare do that with these lights.

disaster999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont see the "short" battery life of the controller an issue. The battery life is more than enough to last me through the entire setup process. The rest of the time it just sits away in a corner and not needed to be touched again.

The "touchiness" of the knob isnt that big of a deal when you understand how it works. If you scroll fast, each "click" goes up a factor of 10. If you slow down the scroll it switches back to increments of 1. Sure beats scrolling 100 times if you're trying to adjust the setting from 0-100. Just slow down when you scroll...its not that hard.

Having bluetooth or wireless connectivity with an app with a nice interface is nice, but, to me, really not needed. What they provide is adequate enough for me to set the program to my liking. I never really find the need to constantly mess with the programming. I just set it and forget it. and like dantimdad said, with the price of the unit they are offering, im more than happy not having an app.

HCl+NaHO=

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys need a front end developer to take the ui to the next level ;) *coughcough* maybe one that would work for some lights haha.

Can’t.

It uses a wireless protocol not supported by smartphones or tablets devices.

kapnkush608

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t.

It uses a wireless protocol not supported by smartphones or tablets devices.
I was talking about the website my guy. I will say I was pretty disappointed when I cracked open the controller and found that they weren't using a Bluetooth chipset. Still some pretty "lit" lights though ;).

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy that @dantimdad and @Manose have taken control of the @noopsyche lights in the US! Aside from your personalities, you guys seem ok. Hahaha! ;Hilarious

Yes, it stinks being drop dead handsome and sexy but not having a great personality. But, we all have our crosses to bear.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back